- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Kilifi
- Job Field Data, Business Analysis and AI
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION OF ASSISTANT OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR II GRADE 5
This is an entry level to this cadre and appointment shall be on such terms and conditions as may be determined by the Council from time to time depending on age, citizenship or any other reason as may be stipulated in the Kenyan Labour Laws.
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies/Business Administration/Business Management/Office Management or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution;
The candidate must provide evidence in the following:
- Business English III/Communications II;
- Certificate course in supervisory skills/ development course or equivalent
- Commerce II
- Office Management III/Office Administration and Management III
- Office Practice II or Secretarial Duties II
- Shorthand III (100 w.p.m.)
- Typewriting III (minimum 50 w.p.m.) or Computerised Document Processing III
The candidate must have at least one (1) year work experience in the relevant field.
In addition, the candidate must have experience in handling the following:
- Assisting in Budgeting and procurement planning within a department.
- Assisting in Planning and execution of various activities in the department/Section.
- Drafting official correspondence as advised
- Handling telephone calls and appointments
- Management of office protocol
- Managing of e-office
- Managing office petty cash
- Mentoring and giving guidance of secretarial staff
- Operating office equipment
- Records and Documents Management
- Security of office records, documents and equipment
The candidate should have experience and provide evidence in the following:
- Communication skills
- Computer proficiency skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills
- Team work skills
- Time management skills
TERMS OF SERVICE
Benefits for the above positions include a competitive basic salary, house allowance, medical cover for staff and dependents, life Insurance, opportunities for further development and training and other regular allowances as determined by SRC.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should submit four (4) copies of their application accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, providing details of age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
Applications and letters of recommendation from referees should be addressed to:
The Vice Chancellor
P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Candidates with foreign qualifications MUST submit a Certificate of Recognition from the
Commission of University Education (CUE).
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply. The latter should attach their National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) Certificate.
The deadline for submitting applications is Thursday 21st September 2023. Applications received later than this date will not be considered
Please Note that: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.