- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Scope of work
- The Treasury Accountant at Penda Health will be responsible for overseeing financial management, including loan obligations and covenant compliance, intercompany transactions, and petty cash support. Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, they will manage the treasury function, negotiate foreign currency deals, monitor and report on the company’s cash flows, manage internal and external payments, and review prepayments and accruals. Additionally, the role involves financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting, stakeholder relationship management, financial reporting functions for both Penda Health and its affiliated entities, and leadership of the treasury department. The Treasury Accountant will serve as a vital link between finance and other departments, collaborating to develop and execute financial strategies that align with the organization’s overall objectives.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the treasury department and provide support to other teams as needed.
- Act as the Bank Agent, negotiating foreign currency deals with banks, and drafting/presenting bank letters and instructions.
- Manage appropriate procedures and processes around month-end and quarter-close activity.
- Constantly monitor the loan interest schedule to ensure timely compliance with all loan obligations..
- Ensure day-to-day conduct and supervision of cash management activities adhere to internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Recommend and implement improvements to cash management processes and identify cost-saving and profit-maximizing opportunities related to treasury.
- Communicate and liaise with all departments on their cash needs, ensuring a smooth flow of payments and ensure timely payments to internal and external partners following established mechanisms.
- Conducting comprehensive cash flow planning and forecasting to provide strategic guidance for decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a relevant field.
- Relevant professional qualification: ACCA/CPA/CA and membership in a relevant professional body
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in cash flow management, liquidity analysis, and financial forecasting is crucial for effective treasury management.
- Ability to work autonomously, detail-oriented, efficient, and able to multitask, prioritize, and follow projects through to completion.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to manage banking relationships and covenants.
- Proficient in computer software, including Excel and other advanced accounting/ERP systems. Experience with new system implementation is an added advantage.
- Excellent leadership, task management, planning, and organizational skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Penda Health on pendahealth.applytojob.com to apply