- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Care Connects Us!
It all starts with people who care.
- At Hyatt, we believe in the power of belonging – of making people feel at home no matter where they are in the world. We turn trips into journeys, encounters into experiences and jobs into careers.
- Join a team that is making travel more human. Connected. Sustainable. Here, everyone’s role matters. Opportunities are yours to shape. Your individuality is celebrated. At the heart of Hyatt is our shared belief that hospitality is more than just a job – it’s a career for people who care.
- People like you. People like us.
- At Hyatt Place Nairobi Westlands & Hyatt House Nairobi Westlands, we are looking for:
who will be responsible driving all aspects of the hotel’s active and aggressive sales initiatives, maximizes the overall revenue of the hotel by directing the revenue generating activities including but not limited to oversees day to day sales efforts of both General Sales and C&B Sale’s specific responsibilities for directing sales, training and maintaining systems in accordance with the sales business plan. Key among other responsibilities will include:
- Working proactively to maximize guest satisfaction and comfort, delivering a positive and responsive approach to enquiries and problem resolution towards supporting the overall goal of the hotel
- Understands and implements strategies where key sales and marketing metrics are identified and delivered where reports and tracking tools are effectively used in line with defined initiatives & targets
- Understands and is responsible for their target contribution towards the departmental budget, ensuring that costs and departmental inventory is in line with targets
- To generate and maintains customers of defined accounts/areas through sales activities (face to face sales calls, telephone calls, entertainment).
- To maintain a high level of exposure for the hotel through direct sales, telephone, written communications.
- Monitor M&E sales production and adjust sales activities, to achieve planned goals.
- Plan, establish goals and administer M&E Sales Office function to deliver qualified leads and service existing accounts.
- Develop active communication and close rapport with Event organizers, Sales Offices and other sources of sales information & support.
- Identify, solicit and service all M&E accounts in liaison with the other sales divisions.
- Maintain timely and responsive communication with all accounts and prospects.
- Handles all incoming group & M&E leads generated, jointly with the concerned sales division including all communication, negotiation and contracting required.
- Assess group business to maximize contribution from available public space, generating room revenues whilst achieving Catering & Banquet and Meeting & Event revenue budgets.
- Ensures PMS Sales & Catering is well managed, maintained and updated as per company policies & standards.
- Ensures all Group & M&E RFPs (Request for Proposal) are handled as per the hotel’s policies and company standards.
- Attends Exhibitions and Road shows as directed by the DOSM.
- In conjunction with the Revenue Manager and Director of Sales & Marketing set up and update group & M&E selling strategies.
- Diploma/Degree in Sales & Marketing or its equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a similar environment
- Proven track record in a similar role
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office application and PMS experience is required
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor others
- Ability to deal efficiently with complaints exhibiting a solid customer service approach
- The ability to remain positive and focused in a fast-paced environment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Hyatt Place on careers.hyatt.com to apply