- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldHospitality / Hotel / Restaurant
Care Connects Us!
It all starts with people who care.
At Hyatt, we believe in the power of belonging – of making people feel at home no matter where they are in the world. We turn trips into journeys, encounters into experiences and jobs into careers.
Join a team that is making travel more human. Connected. Sustainable. Here, everyone’s role matters. Opportunities are yours to shape. Your individuality is celebrated. At the heart of Hyatt is our shared belief that hospitality is more than just a job – it’s a career for people who care.
People like you. People like us.
At Hyatt Place Nairobi Westlands & Hyatt House Nairobi Westlands, we are looking for:
who will be will represent the Management during the night. The Night Manager also provides leadership and support to all members of the Front Office assisting the Front Office Manager in all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, and staffing in accordance with hotel policies and procedures. He/she is the Manager on Duty and responsible for all hotel operations during overnight shift hours, focusing on Front Office operations, night audit and hotel safety/security. Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed
- Maintain a professional and high-quality service-oriented environment at all times.
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel in the absence of the Front Office Manager/Duty Managers dealing with complaints, problem-solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- Manage the night shift in the department ensuring all employees perform the tasks assigned to them and coordinate Front Office activities with other departments.
- Inform all overnight staff of nightly activities, group and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests.
- Maintains effective communication with all related departments during night shift to ensure smooth service delivery.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of the hotel and local services, supplies information and responding to guest queries.
- Maintains an awareness of guest profile through the guest profile system.
- Ensures effective handover is done, gaining information from Duty Manager and Shift Leaders.
- Makes control tours of the hotel ensuring optimal usage of resources and maximum security.
- Prepares guest folios with appropriate accounting instructions.
- Ensures all necessary reports are compiled and printed for the following day’s business and checks that they have been distributed accordingly.
- Maintains up to date back up reports.
- Ensures an effective handover of nights’ activities to the Front Office Manager.
- 5+ years of experience, in a similar environment
- Guest services or management experience
- Proven track record in a similar role
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office application and PMS experience is required
- Highly organized, ability to be flexible and proven skills working in an environment with constant standing and walking throughout the shift
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor other team members
- Ability to deal efficiently with complaints exhibiting a solid customer service approach
- The ability to remain positive and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Great computer skills with proficiency in front office operations systems
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Hyatt Place on careers.hyatt.com to apply