- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience8 years
- Job FieldICT / Computer
What we do
At Moniepoint we are a customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. We have several products that provide essential services for businesses such as payment, credit, overdrafts etc. We leverage artificial intelligence and data to make our decisions but also have the technology and data-driven best practices used to support our businesses.
About the role
Moniepoint Kenya is seeking an innovative and strategic leader to join our growing firm as the Head of Data. As the Head of Data, you will be instrumental in shaping our data strategy and driving data-driven decision making across the organization. You will lead a team of data professionals to utilize the power of data to unlock insights, create innovative solutions, and drive growth across the firm and in the fintech industry.
Location: Nairobi (Full time)
What you’ll get to do
- Collaborate closely with our CXO, leadership team, and business leaders to shape our data-driven growth strategy
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with C-level executives and business leaders.
- Act as an ambassador for data-driven decision-making within the company, ensuring that insights are shared and acted upon across departments
- Lead the design and implementation of data governance frameworks and quality standards to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and compliance
- Drive business results through analytics and insights while promoting a data driven culture across the organization
- Define and track key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of data initiatives
- Continuously analyze and optimize data processes to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Demonstrate excellent project management and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate at all levels of the organization
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or related field
- Proven track record of 8+ years in data-related roles, with at least 3-5 years in data leadership positions (building and coaching a team of data analysts, data engineers, and data scientists)
- Exceptional expertise in data architecture, database design and data warehousing
- Proficiency in data analytics tools, languages (SQL, Python, R), and data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBi, ect.)
- Strong understanding of fintech industry (e.g. Payments, Lending, etc.), trends, technologies, and regulator landscape is a plus
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Moniepoint on boards.eu.greenhouse.io to apply