- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldInsurance , Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Purpose for the Job
Develop Retail and SME business growth strategies to achieve growth in revenue. Generate new business through various product lines including Motor, Medical, Life, Pensions, Professional Indemnity, Personal Accident, Home Insurance, and other relevant products for individuals, affinities and SMEs using diverse distribution methods. Lead the digital sales, direct sales, and affinity sales teams.
Duties and Responsiblities
- Affinity creation and sales, direct sales, cross-marketing, and development of other alternative sales channels.
- Grow new business in line with the divisional budgets.
- Lead & supervise the Business Development team to attain individual sales targets.
- Develop innovative product distribution models including affinity and digital sales models.
- Identify new markets and partnerships for the growth of SME business.
- Develop a credible pipeline of prospective clients and growth strategies with focus on the achievement of individual and team monthly and annual targets.
- Coordinate marketing activities in liaison with the Marketing Division to ensure brand visibility and sales conversion.
- Ensure new businesses meet the KYC documentation threshold and the company’s credit control policy requirements.
- Conduct market surveys to identify customer needs and preferences that can influence responsive product development.
- Regularly benchmark industry products to identify the ones that offer better value to our clients.
- Develop customized insurance-based solutions with an understanding of clients’ needs.
- Maintain close working relationships with the Insurers.
- Develop process flows for new digital applications.
- Ensure a smooth customer service journey for the digital channels.
- Develop digital sales strategies to increase customer acquisition and revenue.
Key Result Areas
- 100% new business budget attainment.
- 80% growth of new business for Retail & SME.
- Ensure 80% of new business is derived through digital sales assets.
- Enhance at least 15 features of the existing digital assets.
- Positive attitude, self-driven, and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Good negotiation and networking skills.
- Passionate, confident, energetic, and proactive.
- Organizational and analytical skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
Knowledge And Skills Required
- Five (5) years of relevant experience with demonstrated
- success in a similar position, within the insurance industry.
- Experience in managing a sales team.
- A proven track record of sales performance against set targets.
- Healthy knowledge of IT solutions and systems.
Professional and Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field.
- Diploma in Insurance (AIIK) or ACII.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Minet Kenya on hr.minet.co.ke to apply