- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field ICT / Computer
- Assists in the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems.
- Assists in the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications as well as investigates and analyses feasibility of system requirements and develops systems specifications.
- Assists and ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
- Assists in developing new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Assists in performing troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Establishes, maintains and manages users UNIX accounts. Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Follows procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Follows procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Assists in developing and coordinating project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations.
- Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
- Assists in developing tools, procedures, and training sessions for Operations, Client Support and Systems Development staff to assist with work.
- Manage and administer cloud environments.
- Perform period Disaster recovery drills, backup test.
- Administer active directory , SCCM , sharepoint, Defender for end points and Intune.
- Delegated Authority: As per the approved Delegated Authority Matrix.
Key Performance Measures:
- As described in your Personal Score Card.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Degree in Science/Engineering/Computer Science.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a 24×7 service provider environment.
- Extensive programming background in any applicable language.
- ITIL intermediate.
- Microsoft , Linux Knowledge.
Technical/ Functional competencies:
- Familiarity with networked/distributed computing environment concepts; for example, ability to use the route command, administer routing and remote access service, and modify deployed group policies.
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (e.g., Perl, Python, VBScript, Windows PowerShell).
- Programming experience in any applicable language.
- Ability to deal tactfully with employees and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of services.
- Detail oriented and process focused.
- Self-motivated, self-starter who works well in a fast pace, growth orientated entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong organization, time management and prioritization skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Britam on britam.taleo.net to apply