- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining project files and documents.
- Providing logistical support for project events and activities.
- Performing receptionist duties: receiving and directing telephone calls, email communications, and in-person inquiries to appropriate staff members; taking and relaying messages.
- Conducting searches to find needed information, using the internet or any other sources.
- Coordinating conferences and meetings and arranging both in-house and external events.
- Taking meeting notes.
- Supporting the Operations Associate Director in the coordination and follow-up on all transportation logistics for staff, consultants and visitors as needed.
- Supporting consultants and project staff with administrative processes and requirements.
- Scheduling and confirming appointments for clients, customers or supervisors.
- Overseeing and coordinating the purchase, receipt and distribution of office supplies and stationery.
- Understand DAI and USAID rules, regulations, processes and systems for compliant project implementation
- Familiarity with DAI systems particularly TAMIS and other project management systems
- Ensuring the safeguarding of staff and strict adherence to a zero-tolerance policy towards corruption and unethical behavior.
- Upholding DAI ethics and values in all aspects of the job.
- Providing other administrative and operational support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or 2+ years of administrative assistance experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Somali.
- Previous experience working with international NGOs or donors, such as USAID-funded projects, is preferable.
- Prior work experience in Somalia.
- Strong verbal and written communication, as well as organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks, remaining flexible while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Flexible to work under pressure and respond to changing needs.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to DAI Kenya – Development Alternatives, Inc. on fs23.formsite.com to apply