- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Mombasa , Nairobi
- Job Field Banking
The overall purpose of this role is to handle all over the counter transactions and ensure accuracy, efficiency and customer delight and generate business leads from daily customer interactions.
Operations – 35%
- Ensure compliance with bank operational and customer care policies and procedures
- Handle the following in line with Bank’s operating processes.
- Cash transactions,
- Cheque processing(Outward and in-house cheque)
- RTGS and TT transactions
- Electronic Funds Transfer processing,
- NFI Collection; manual charges
- Bankers Cheque Issuance
- Set up standing instructions
- Expenses cash payments.
- Supporting Documents for large cash transactions and incoming funds.
- Conduct Snap checks.
- Comply with respective Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and be alert at all times to unusual or possibly suspicious activity, and report to the supervisor.
- Cash Custodian of vault, safety deposit lockers, ATM and branch keys; holding keys/combinations.
- Carry out the role of bank signatory within the approved limit and adhere to the laid down processes and procedures.
- Bank custodian; Ensure timely opening and closure of the branch; hold the arming and disarming codes of the branch
- Internal accounts reconciliations.
- Risk champion at the branch.
- Submit Risk and compliance self-assessment(RCSA) report to supervisor for Review
Customer Service/Experience – 45%
- Sit in as the customer service officer.
- Receive customer instructions, record verify and follow up for action through CRM.
- Ensure timely resolution of customer queries and offering solutions.
- Escalate all customer issues not resolved with TAT.
- Open accounts Via Chap Chap; Confirm the KYC is in order and sign off done before opening.
- Scan accounts to AMU.
- Process Account closure instructions.
- Order customer Cheque books.
- Avail customer instrument such as cheque books, pre-paid cards, credit cards and debit cards within agreed timelines.
- Digital banking customer set up for online and mobile banking, reset and creation.
- Assisting in management of the safe deposit locker.
- Safeguard and promote the Bank’s image at all times.
- Fixed Deposits; Ensure booking and liquidation of fixed deposits and receipt of properly mandated instructions from the relevant personnel, to call clients on FD related issues.
Customer Relationship Management/ Business Growth – 10%
- Cross sell bank products.
- Follow up and contact clients to activate dormant accounts.
- New client acquisition.
Human Resource – 10%
- Work efficiently as a team in the branch and offer good customer service to internal customers [staff in support units].
- Sign off BSC and individual performance targets for the year. Timely self-appraisal in line with the banks appraisal cycle.
- Attend set trainings, sharing and application of knowledge learnt.
- Adhere to leave schedules to achieve Work life balance.
Customers of this Position
- Internal and External Bank customers.
Knowledge; Skills and Experience required for this Role
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of second class honors upper division or equivalent.
- Minimum B- in KCSE or equivalent.
Competencies required for this Role
- Dynamic, analytical and self-driven individual with the ability to work under pressure.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adhering to Principles and Values.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to SBM Bank on www.sbmbank.co.ke to apply