- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Diploma
- Experience 2 – 3 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Our Client is looking for an aggressive and ambitious Sales and Marketing Executive to handle various sales functions. The Role reports to the Director.
About the Client:
An established and busy 3 star Hotel that offers High quality range of services such as Accommodation , an on-site restaurant and Conference/ Workshop facilities ideal for business travelers , organization and local Community .
Qualifications and Requirements
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing or related field from a reputable institution.
- 2-3 years’ experience in sales and marketing in Hotels within Thika town and its environs.
- Strong client data base.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and marketing software.
Competencies and Skills required:
- Excellent Sales ,Marketing and Negotiation skills
- Reporting and Presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure without losing composure
- Must be flexible and adaptable
- Have ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Have tact and diplomacy and confidential
- Reliable and keen attention to details
- Honesty and integrity
- Ability to multi task and prioritizing skills daily workload
- Outstanding customer service skills and exceptional people skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events.
- Excellent organization and time management
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Actively conduct on Ground activation within the locality of the Hotel through collateral engagement, fliers/ leaflets distribution, advertising in Malls, taking tabs of events of all events within the area.
- Actively and consistently monitor the various on-line booking engines for the purposes of ensuring visibility, right pricing and secure optimal number of guests to the Hotel.
- Build strong Network with Travel and Tour companies so as to tap on to the travel circuits for international clientele.
- Develop and maintain close relationships at executive Level with prominent business corporate and other related organizations within the local markets so as to Maximize Conference packages available within the Hotel.
- Develop a road map to broaden options of organizations to engage in the Hotels conference/ Workshops facilities.
- Develop & Build a Lucrative aviation market that will engage Companies to host crew members for over nights.
- Meet and greet clients, both walk-in or by appointment clients who would like to see the various products, Tour the Hotel, showcasing the available options in terms of products offering.
- Ensure to generate new sales and obtain repeat business with the aim of attaining your set sales target.
- Respond to client enquiries / Complaints received on Email, Phone call, referrals, on-line marketing campaigns and walk-in clients
- Follow up on proposals sent and potentials received from emails, phone calls, marketing events, research done and/or referrals and Maintain a record of potential clients and action points taken towards conversion
- To maintain efficient, effective and up-to-date operating standards for the department’s planning, administration and reporting systems and to ensure that it is available for Management reference at all times.
- In consultation with the Director, represent the Company at various exhibitions and trade shows and similarly to any professional bodies or organizations at all times portraying the highest possible standards of professionalism and company image.
- To produce, monthly a Sales and Marketing Department business plans identifying key objectives to be achieved.
- To update and produce the quarterly sales revenue forecast report on a bi-weekly basis.
- To prepare a monthly sales report for discussion with the Director, giving recommendations
- Suggest initiatives to build the sales for the company and to recommend to the Director new avenues and opportunities for sales.
- Attends weekly Sales and Marketing meetings to exchange information with the rest of the team
- Any other duty assigned.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter quoting the job title (SALES AND MARKETING EXECUTIVE-THIKA) as subject to reach us not later than 14th October 2023 to email@example.com. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.