- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldProject Management
About the Opportunity
Inkomoko Kenya seeks a highly talented, organized Senior Trainer who will manage and train a team of Business Development Advisors and Training Support Associates in the livelihood program in Garissa, replicating the success of Inkomoko in Rwanda and Dadaab refugee complex.
The Senior Trainer will join our team with core responsibilities as follows:
Management (40% time)
- Coordinate with the business consulting team in Garissa, setting their work plans, contributing to their performance reviews, and maintaining weekly staff check-ins.
- Be aware at all times of key goals and develop daily strategies to achieve those goals in alignment with Inkomoko Kenya budget and culture
- Work with Training manager to plan and manage the budget, staffing, and other resource needs to deliver program outcomes
- Interpret, apply, and ensure departmental compliance with applicable donors and local policy laws and regulations.
- Lead local staff meetings and other organizational activities to share information with the team
- Ensure all staff under your supervision are compliant with organizational HR policies, and implement disciplinary actions when they are not
- Liaise with Training manager to ensure smooth operations and keep up-to-date training content across programs in Kenya (i.e. Managing Director, Investment Department, Finance Department, etc.)
- Be a good ambassador in ensuring the organizational culture is understood and followed through by all staffs under your supervision
- Represent the company in a highly professional manner in stakeholders’ and government meetings and events in the absence of the Regional Director and Training manager.
- Elevate important trends, risks, and other notable activities to management.
Training Implementation (50% Time)
- Develop new and review existing content to match client needs and business
dynamics in Kenya, Rwanda and Ethiopia.
- Manage training in all locations for all incoming clients in Garissa
- Implement training of trainers as part of the ongoing classes schedule for BDAs
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods in several locations
- Conduct the training and also shadow all the BDAs during training in all the locations
- Recommend clients that need extra/specific attention to the relevant Business Development Advisors of the location
- Coordinate with BDAs/TSA efforts about the training to clients and partners to ensure full participation
- Draft training reports from assigned locations and update the online report
Operations & Administration (10% Time)
- Record billable hours and activities in organizational tracking systems (Odoo, etc)
- Maintain an updated training schedule on the calendar and the website
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning department to ensure training are assessed for impact and value to entrepreneurs
- Coordinate and manage the Training Support Associate and other training staff or instructors for smooth logistics
- Attend all Company-wide meetings and maintain organizational values in all situations
- Provide participant or financial reports to funders and partners as needed.
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- 5+ years of work experience in relevant fields and serving entrepreneurs
- Education requirement: University degree, Project Management, and other relevant academic qualification)
- Experience business training, facilitation, content development, business consulting, business planning, and providing business advice
- Strong financial and accounting skills; familiarity with business financial policies in Garissa/Kenya
- Flexible and able to deliver results under pressure
- Experience working and managing teams remotely
- Excellent computer skills, especially with MS Excel, Word, project management tools (ie: Trello, etc.)
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Good presentation and training skills
- Shows perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
- Outgoing and Social
- Honest and professional
- Must be based in Garissa
- Excellent communicator to audiences in Swahili and English. Somali would be a plus
- Access to a smartphone 24/7.
What You’ll Get
This role is inside a high-growth, mission-driven social enterprise. By joining, you’ll access:
- Competitive salary, and potential KPI-based bonus
- Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth
- Diverse colleagues and policies that show our commitment to equity and inclusion
- Talented, passionate, and committed team colleagues across the region
- Ability to make a significant social impact to your community
- Generous health insurance, staff savings, parental leave, sabbatical, and more benefits.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Inkomoko on aec-jobs-portal.web.app to apply