- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldProcurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Reporting to: Packhouse Manager
The incumbent’s main objective is to manage raw materials. He/she shall be responsible for planning materials, material and information flow, and the management and control of inventory to achieve the business objective.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be expected in addition to other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Collaborate with production managers to determine supply needs.
- Coordinate and supervise receiving and cold room procedures.
- Oversee distribution of raw materials in the packhouse.
- Keep detailed records on materials quantity, specifications, etc.
- Ensure prompt and accurate updating of the computer systems.
- Prepare reports on inventory, material usage, and efficiency.
- Resolve labor and material shortages, backlogs, and other potential schedule interruptions.
- Create strategic solutions to improve material flow at multiple levels.
- Develop and review personnel to meet functional objectives.
- Set up and manage the production control system.
- Manage policies, procedures, and material control systems.
- Plan and oversee material movement through the production cycle.
- Identify material requirements from production to the packhouse.
- Work together with other managers and unit heads within the company to determine the company’s supply needs.
- Supervise available stock and/or inventory and prepare reports for company top management or executives.
- Monitor the distribution of supplies within the packhouse to ensure efficiency.
- Collects requirements from the production department and budget for the raw material.
- Ensure the availability of materials for planned production and for Customer delivery.
- Manages staff and activities related to maintaining proper levels of stock or inventory.
- Oversee the coordination and expedite the flow of raw materials between sections or departments, according to production and shipping schedules or department priorities.
- Overseeing the supply of materials and adjusting as necessary to ensure they are delivered to specifications and high standards.
- Supervise, evaluate, and coach staff members.
- Monitor the completion of duties allocated to the raw material team.
- Ensure efficient response to any issues from the raw material section.
- Liaise with the sales team and ensure they are updated on the availability of raw materials.
- Interfaces with product line supervisors on the planning and forecasting of customer orders to meet shipments.
- Reviews production schedules and related information and confers with department supervisors to determine material requirements to identify overdue materials and to track material.
- Ensure optimum inventory levels to ensure on-time supply of material to meet order requirements.
- Monitor and control the movement of material in the Packhouse.
- Ensuring proper materials arrangement in the cold room, Ensures that the company standard practices and procedures are followed with all materials department functions.
- Stand in for sales/planning executive while away.
- Reporting to the supervisor anything that may hinder performance to the supervisor.
- Promote and maintain ethical and professional standards in line with company staff regulations, ETI, and other codes of conduct to enhance worker welfare.
- Health and Safety – Ensure all duties are performed safely and responsibly in consideration of Environmental, Health, and Safety Company policies.
- Any other responsibilities may be assigned by their manager from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
- Adequate material flow at the packhouse
- Adherence to the FIFO method of issuance
- Proper tracking of Raw material in the cold room
- Minimal downtime waiting for raw material in the Packhouse.
- Timely completion of targets and the set weekly program of support work.
- Organization skills
Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge.
The following qualifications, knowledge, and experience are required of an employee in this role.
- Previous working experience as a Materials Manager for over 2 years.
- BSc/BA in logistics/management or similar relevant field.
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain and inventory management systems.
- Hands-on experience with forecasting and budgeting.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Analytical thinking with problem-solving aptitude.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ngong Veg Limited on ngongvegltd.co.ke to apply