- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldProject Management, Research
- The Senior Research Officer compiles feedback from in-country investigators to finalize the development of research protocols and data collection tools; work with in-country research partners to compile, submit and track ethical review application packages; plan and oversee in-country training of data enumerator teams; conduct field monitoring visits to ensure standardised data collection processes; maintain a database of quality assurance issues and their resolution; support the data analyst/statistician in during data analysis and reporting.
Context of Role:
- WISH 2 is one of three components of the overarching WISH Dividend programme that is being procured by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO). This programme is central to delivering the UK’s priorities on empowering women and girls as set out in the International Development Strategy, the UK’s strategic approach to sub-Saharan Africa and the International Women and Girls Strategy.
- WISH 2 will be divided into two geographic Lots. IPPFAR is planning on submitting a bid as prime for Lot 2 which covers Burundi, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, and Zambia.
- Compile data for the development of research protocols and collection tools. Evaluate use to improve applicability to programme stakeholders.
- Implement relevant study protocols, data collection tools and log all ethical/country-level for researchrelated activities in Lot 2 countries.
- Advise on research collection standardization and implementation across the programme supporting the deployment of new approaches and methodologies based on emerging trends.
- Oversee the local recruitment and training of enumerators in collaboration with in-country teams.
- Monitor the programme-related research activities, travelling to countries to provide technical advice with a particular focus on fidelity to research processes and reviewing research data quality.
- Disseminate research information to stakeholders on the progress of programme objectives.
- Prepare research products including technical reports, peer-reviewed manuscripts, conference abstracts and presentations, evidence and policy briefs for use at outreach events.
- Experience working in a research position with a particular focus on programmatic surveys and operational research studies for multi-country programmes with a health/SRHR focus.
- Experience planning and managing large-scale surveys.
- Experience in implementing and refining data collection tools e.g., KOBO, iField.
- Experience working in matrix organisations.
- Interpersonal skills with a proven ability to influence and negotiate.
- Verbal and written English communication skills with French and/or Arabic an advantage.
- Project management skills including experience of reporting to donors.
- Time management skills able to meet tight deadlines.
- Able present technical information to non-techical people with a focus on working in different languages and across cultures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding in a local and international context.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to work in a diverse, multicultural, multilingual and intergenerational environment that is anti-racist and respectful of others.
- An intersectional (pro) feminist passionate about sexual reproductive health care rights + justice, including safe abortion.
- Supportive of people’s rights regardless of sexuality or gender identity/expression and supportive of workers’ rights and access to health care in sex work.
Interested individuals should apply to WISH2Recruitment@ippf.org using the application form and attaching a copy of their CV. Please specify the job position you are applying for as the subject of your email. Please note that applications will not be considered if they are not in the correct format.
Method of Application
How to complete your application:
Please complete the application form in black ink or electronically.
- If completing the application by hand, you can scan and send the complete, signed document and any attachments to us by e-mail.
- If you are filling out the form electronically, please download the form, complete it and save it. You can directly send the soft copy to the e-mail address given in the advert. In doing so, it will be presumed the information you have provided is true and complete.
- We keep this form as streamlined as possible and invite you to attach a brief typed CV/RESUME (no more than 2 pages please) to provide additional, relevant information about your background, experiences and achievements if you wish.
Send your application to WISH2Recruitment@ippf.org