- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial , Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- The Administrative Officer is responsible for managing the day-to-day administration and procurement activities for Practical Action’s field office in Kisumu, Kenya. Practical Action is looking for an Administrative Officer who will provide hands on administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office.
- Front Office Reception
- Receive and screen visitors coming into the office, assisting them with enquiries /references while directing them appropriately.
- Call and fix appointments internally and external as requested/required.
- Manage incoming and outgoing official calls within the office through the switch board.
- Ensure that the front office reception is maintained, neat, tidy, and welcoming at all times.
- Incoming and outgoing mail management, record and dispatch cheques and other payments made by the office for collection/delivery.
- Manage the office diary, i.e., booking the meeting rooms, recording workshop dates, travelling dates and manage staff movement.
- Maintain and update the Practical action contact lists for stakeholders and service providers.
- Accurate filing of documents and correspondence while ensuring there is efficient movement of documents within the office.
- Preparation of requisitions for office stationery, kitchen items and toiletries.
Logistics & Procurement Support
- The Administrative Officer, in conjunction with the Senior Procurement and Logistics officer will assist in performing procurement and logistics functions including and not limited to:
- Support in the strengthening of internal controls around asset management ensuring Practical Action’s assets are safeguarded at all times.
- Assist in the preparation of procurement requests of office supplies for onward processing to the Senior Procurement & Logistics Officer
- Support in raising purchase requisitions and LPOs.
- Assist in tracking orders and ensuring timely delivery of the same.
- Provide support in receiving goods and services while ensuring right quantities are delivered and quality services are rendered as per respective purchase orders.
- Take part in preparation of project procurement plans.
- Assist in responding to queries from internal and external clients regarding procurement matters.
- Manage and monitor office stock levels and identify office purchase requirements.
- Arranging/making reservations of hotel accommodation for staff and visitors and process the associated costs.
- Provide support in identifying and booking suitable meeting venues for official Practical Action meetings and ensure availability of all materials and equipment required at competitive rates.
- Assist in maintaining relevant internal databases and procurement files in a chronological order.
- Assist in maintaining and tracking vendors’ contractual agreements on an annual basis.
- Receiving approved invoices and ensuring payments are processed on a timely basis and forwarded to finance for remittance.
- Conduct regular checks on office maintenance (furniture and fittings) and report any defects to the Senior Procurement & Logistics Officer
- Perform other relevant duties as and when assigned.
To be successful in the role, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or related field.
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in a similar position
- Excellent administrative skills
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills in English.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Practical experience in the use of the Internet, email and MS Office applications (spreadsheets)
- Time management skills.
Method of Application
If you have the experience, skills and the ability we are looking for, please email your application letter stating your motivation and suitability for the role and an up to date CV to: email@example.com with the title “Administrative Officer” not later than 27th October 2023. All information/data given will be in the strictest confidence and will only be used for recruitment purposes.