- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , KCSE
- Experience 3 – 6 years
- Location Kwale
- Job Field Data Science / Research
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must: –
- Served in the grade of Librarian I for a minimum period of three (3) years or post graduate qualification experience of six (6) years;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) mean grade C+(Plus) or recognized equivalent qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Studies or Information Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in Computer Applications.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the management of Library Information Services including implementation of Documentation and Library work programs in a Departmental Library/Information Center.
- indexing and abstracting journal articles;
- Operating Current Awareness Service (CAS);
- editing of reports, newsletters and other publications;
- Selection and purchasing of information and other research materials in consultation with professionals and researchers.
- Code, classify and catalog books, publications, films, audiovisuals aids and other library materials based on subject matter or standard library classification
- Provide reference and reader advisory services to library users
- Anticipating the needs of different sections of the public and organizing the provision of useful services
- Promoting and marketing of library services to various groups of user community
- Review and evaluate resource materials such as book reviews and catalogs in order to select and order relevant print audiovisual and electronic resources
Method of Application
All applications should be submitted on or before Monday 26th June 2023 by 4:30Pmin a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the category (position) which they fall and addressed to:-
The Board Secretary
Kwale County Public Service Board
P.O BOX 4 -80403
Posted or hand delivered at the Kwale County Public Service Board Offices next to Kwale District Hospital and opposite Baraza Park – Kwale Town.
Applicants must attach copies the following documents:-
- National Identity Card
- Academic and professional certificates
- Leaving certificates and other testimonials
All applicants submitting their applications through hand delivery should be on face masks and adhere to health protocols like keeping social distance and washing their hands.
Women and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Please visit our official website www.kwalecountygov.com for details on the job requirements