- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , Diploma
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field ICT / Computer
- AKU invites applications for the position of Library Assistant (3 months Contract), who will develop practical skills in the delivery of library services to multidisciplinary users and will be based at the Aga Khan University Nairobi, Kenya. The incumbent will report to the Associate University Librarian East Africa.
- To Tag library books with Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tags
- To charge and discharge library materials.
- To receive and process books, periodicals and other library materials.
- To enter bibliographic details in the library management system and to update other library systems.
- Shelf books, journals, serials and AV materials
- Participate in photography and videography services, and other multimedia services.
- To support library users in retrieving information resources both in print and electronic formats
- To perform any other duty as requested by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Library & Information Studies (or equivalent)
- A student enrolled on the BSc Library & Information Studies (or equivalent) as part of the practicum.
- Presentable to users
- Good communication skills
- Good ICT skills
- Honest and forthright
- Team player
- Eager to learn new things.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Aga Khan University (AKU) on aku.taleo.net to apply