- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , Diploma
- Experience 1 – 3 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant
- Manages daily restaurant operations and assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards, and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods. Strives to improve guest continually and employee satisfaction and maximize financial performance in areas of responsibility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the dining area, and supervises food and beverage service staff per operating policies that he or she may help establish.
- Creates a positive team atmosphere among team members
- Maintains records of staff periodic manner and operating costs.
- Provides feedback and coaching to the team regularly.
- Understands building capability through Cross-training
- Treats all team members fairly, and with respect.
- Sets high standards for appropriate team behavior on shift
- Works with food and beverage staff to ensure proper food presentation of policies and obtain feedback from staff members.
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services.
- Total receipts and balance against sales, deposit receipts, and lock facility at the end of the day.
- Ensures new products are executed properly for the following rollout.
- Is capable of handling irate customers with a friendly/calm attitude.
- Ensures product quality and great service.
- Shows enthusiasm bout guests within the restaurant.
- Is flexible in dealing with changes/problems (e.g., being short-staffed).
- Has 3effrecrively forecasted restaurant needs.
- Shifts priorities and goals as work demands change.
- Priorities tasks effectively to ensure the most important tasks are completed on time.
- Delegates and follow-up effectively.
- Taking Ownership of issues or tasks and also giving detailed updates to the F&B manager and General Manager.
- Seeks, listens, and responds to guest feedback.
- Coaches team on how to exceed Guest expectations.
- Does not blame others; takes accountability for problems.
- Effectively identifies restaurant problems through reports and can ideate & execute to resolve the same.
- Proficiency in using computer software to monitor inventory, track staff schedules, and pay, and perform other record-keeping tasks.\
- Proficiency in Point of sale (POS) software, Restaurant guest satisfaction tracking software, etc.
- Assist in planning regular and special event Menus.
- Degree, High schooling, or one-year Diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Has effectively managed Team Members for 12+ months.
- Previous experience in a similar job role.
- Coached and improved the performance of at least one poorly performing Team member/Manager.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Bridge Talent Management on bridgetalentgroup.zohorecruit.com to apply