- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldHospitality / Hotel / Restaurant
Care Connects Us!
It all starts with people who care. At Hyatt, we believe in the power of belonging – of making people feel at home no matter where they are in the world. We turn trips into journeys, encounters into experiences and jobs into careers.
Join a team that is making travel more human. Connected. Sustainable. Here, everyone’s role matters. Opportunities are yours to shape. Your individuality is celebrated. At the heart of Hyatt is our shared belief that hospitality is more than just a job – it’s a career for people who care.
People like you. People like us.
At Hyatt Place Nairobi Westlands & Hyatt House Nairobi Westlands, we are looking for:
who will be responsible for the efficient and economic operation of the Stewarding Section in support of all other operating Departments, supplying services as required to the entire operation, and overseeing the operating equipment inventory. Managing the Cleanness and Maintenance of all F&B equipment and back of the house hygiene and sanitation. Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensures that Stewarding employees work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments.
- Always hands-on and present in the operation, especially during busy periods.
- Establishes and strictly controls inventories and par stocks in the operation for all operating equipment, Food and Beverage, FF&E items, and to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- Conducts monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- Controls the requisitioning, storage, and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
- Conducts daily pre-shift briefings to employees on preparation, service, and F&B events.
- Liaises with the Food and Beverage Department and Culinary Department on daily operations and quality control.
- Ensures that each outlet is supplied with clean and dry operating equipment.
- Ensures that the food production areas are supplied with clean and dry kitchen utensils.
- Supervises night cleaning in kitchen and back-of-house food and beverage areas.
- Ensures that back-of-house cleaning schedules and garbage runs are strictly adhered to, and areas are cleaned according to established standards.
- Has a thorough understanding and knowledge of all Food and Beverage equipment needs and networks with sister hotels and other hotels to borrow equipment as and when needed.
- Responsible for clearance of Garbage from the hotel by the contractor and the maintenance of the garbage area.
- Prepares and updates the Stewarding Departmental Operations Manuals.
- Provides the Materials Department with detailed Product and Purchase Specifications for items used in the outlet.
- KCSE Certificate or Diploma in related field
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a luxury hotel environment
- Good understanding and adherence to HACCP standards
- Proven track record in a similar role
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized, ability to be flexible and proven skills working in an environment with constant standing and walking throughout the shift
- Ability to deal efficiently with complaints exhibiting a solid customer service approach
- The ability to remain positive and focused in a fast-paced environment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Hyatt Place on careers.hyatt.com to apply