- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 – 10 years
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- DHL Global Forwarding Kenya has an opening for a Head of Sales where you will manage, control and develop the overall Sales strategy/activities in the country in accordance with the group business strategy and the global/regional Sales strategy to increase market share and optimize business assets and human resources. Join us now in connecting people and improving lives.
In this Head of Sales position
- You will be accountable for sales results within the country and lead sales discipline which coordinate and control strategic activities, initiative, and subjects across the country with direct impact on overall results and high business risk potential.
- You will develop sales strategy in line with the country’s overall business strategy as well as following vertical and horizontal guidelines and objectives.
- You will drive market growth and customer retention at the country level and steer/improve Sales performance through- process and performance measurement.
- You will support country level customer strategies and contract negotiations.
- You will validate country level improvement areas based on pipeline reporting in collaboration with sales effectiveness.
- You will analyze the value of key technologies and industry development and identify change needs within the country’s sales function.
- You will steer sales performance and refine the country sales strategies as required.
- You will analyze complex issues and modify working method in own work area.
- You will implement modification within own authority which directly influences the way the division is operating and making money in the country.
- You will reach agreement with external parties to accept complete proposals and programs where there is little interest in cooperating or participating.
- You will negotiate critical agreements/contracts and has the mandate/authority to sign them, changing T&Cs significantly.
- You will approve all major country level sales strategy and development projects.
- You will determine organization’s structure, roles and responsibility and performance target for the function.
- You will develop a culture of quality, services excellence (for internal customer), flexibility and cost consciousness.
- You will develop a team spirit and multitasking capabilities within the team.
- You will plan, organize, and direct an efficient and effective function.
- You will develop KPI’s with team members and monitor individual performance.
- You will conduct performance appraisal, including coaching and mange the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of Global, Regional and Country objectives and targets.
- You will identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department.
Now, here’s what we need from you
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Logistics Industry
- Must have worked at the position of an Airfreight Manager for at least 5 years in a reputed orginisation
- Hold a degree in Sales/ Marketing/ Business development or Business Management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to DHL on dpdhlgroup.avature.net to apply