Medical Jobs In Kenya.
Position : General Nurse – Special Clinic
Avenue Healthcare is one of the leading private healthcare groups in East Africa running 3 Hospitals, and 13 clinics across Kenya, and a Homecare business. With over 25 years in the healthcare industry, Avenue Healthcare runs 300 hospital beds with over 1,000 staff members, and more than 400 specialists and serves over 400,000 patients annually, primary, secondary, and tertiary.
Adhere to Avenue Healthcare’s defined policies, protocols, procedures and standards.
- Ensure proper inventory of the available equipment on a daily basis and ensure that they are in good working condition. Report any malfunction to Bio-Medical Technician/Unit Manager.
- Ensure the unit is financially viable and demonstrate growth through;
- Offering quality care to patients and ensuring good working relationship with our stakeholders
- Record all sentinel incidents/events and report within 24 hours using the provided tools
- Maintain and enforce infection control standards per the hospital manual and observe the infection control bundles (SSI, VAP, CAUTI and CLABSI) where applicable.
- Daily compilation of government reports and submitting them to the Unit Manager (leprosy, cholera, maternal deaths etc)
- Active participation in ward rounds and receive handover reports from the outgoing nurse on shift
- Proper documentation of patient notes and review; consulting with fellow clinicians, consultants when need be.
- Ensure that all diagnostic requests (lab and radiology) have patient’s clinical information.
- Ensure patients safety following the 6 International Patient Safety Goals (IPSGs) (patient identification, effective communication, safety of high alert medication, ensure correct site procedure and surgery, reduce the risk of healthcare associated infections, reduce the risk of patient harm resulting from falls)
- Ensure patients safety following the 6 International Patient Safety Goals (IPSGs)
- Provides patient and family education/teaching applicable to the patients’ medical condition.
- Organize emergency trolley for easy use during resuscitation, drugs and supplies are well stocked, damaged equipment is removed and reported promptly
- Update doctors/consultants on patient’s progress and any critical values as soon as they are available
- Ensure all the relevant consultants have explained procedures and have obtained consent.
- Complete official checklists for all patients prior to procedures (theatre, radiology, renal)
- Ensure patient privacy and confidentiality is maintained at all times, as per policy.
- Participate in emergency response
- Drug administration.
- Adhere to the 10 rights of drug administration (right patient, medication, dosage, route, time, documentation, client education, assessment, evaluation and client refusal of treatment)
- Submit all new drug orders to pharmacy promptly and STAT doses given within 30 minutes
- Keep D.D.A. drugs safe and drug register properly per unit requirements
- Ensure all verbal prescriptions should be signed within 24 hours by the respective doctor per the hospital policy.
- Ensure all treatment sheets have patients biodata including information on drug allergies.
- Any other duty as assigned by your immediate supervisor in line with the job description
How To Apply
Application documents (CV and Certificates) must be emailed to email@example.com with the job position you are applying for as the subject of the email by Friday, 23rd June 2023.