- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationDiploma , Others , Vocational
- Experience5 – 11 years
- Job Field Driving , Logistics
This role requires a high level of responsibility, adherence to the Kenyan traffic laws, and a strong commitment to safety. Company Drivers play a crucial role in maintaining the company’s professional image and ensuring the timely delivery of the team members, work equipment and goods.
- Safe Transportation: Operate company vehicles (e.g., cars, vans, trucks) in a safe and defensive manner, following all traffic rules and regulations. Conduct regular vehicle inspections to ensure they are in good working condition. Maintain a clean and organized vehicle interior and ensure proper maintenance and servicing.
- Safety: Comply with the Company’s safety guidelines and procedures, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) when required. Report any accidents, incidents, or vehicle malfunctions promptly to the Fleet manager and Head of Human Resources.
- Route Planning: Plan and optimize routes to ensure timely and efficient deliveries. use GPS or navigation systems to navigate unfamiliar routes, if necessary.
- Time Management: Manage time effectively to meet delivery schedules and deadlines.
- Documentation: Complete accurate trip logs, mileage records, and vehicle maintenance records. Collect and maintain necessary documentation for deliveries, such as receipts and delivery confirmations.
- Vehicle Maintenance: Report any vehicle maintenance or repair needs to the company’s fleet manager and timely avail the Company vehicle for monthly vehicle inspections.
- Loading and Unloading: Assist in loading and unloading goods or equipment onto/from the vehicle, ensuring proper securing and handling.
- Maintain Professionalism: Maintain an excellent professional relationship when interacting with the team members, clients and external entities in upholding a good corporate image.
- Compliance: Stay updated on transportation regulations, including licensing requirements, and ensure compliance at all times.
- Adherence to all Company policies.
- Valid driver’s license.
- National Youth Service (NYS) driving traininig is an added advantage.
- Good road knowledge of Kenyan roads, both in urban and upcountry areas.
- Good driving record with no major traffic violations.
- Knowledge of the Kenyan traffic laws and regulations.
- Excellent driving skills and a strong focus on safety.
- Good communication skills.
- Great collaboration skills
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with use of GPS navigation systems and route planning.
- Ability to sit for extended periods and withstand long drives.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects, as required.
- Good vision and hearing ability to ensure safe driving.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.