- Job Type Contract
- Qualification Diploma
- Experience 2 – 5 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
- To deliver a wide range of administration processes and activities for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Coordinates with the Travel Management Company and/ or Procurement team to book events, Conference Facilities and Hotel rooms.
- Guide staff requesting Event bookings on the right procedures to follow.
- Respond to Event Management queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Manage and maintain records and databases related to Events Management, to ensure information is organized and readily available for staff.
- Give feedback to Business Support assistants on new procedures related to Events Management, and support on issues that they may have.
- Follow with the Travel Management company on any issues raised, or documented lack of customer service.
- Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
- Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
- Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
- Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management.
- Provide guidance to junior colleagues in performing their duties.
- Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the office
- Continuous improvement of services provided
- Will be required to take on additional responsibilities in the field of facilities, transport, and contract management in the absence of the focal point.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in in the area of administration and a minimum of two (2) years in a similar role is desirable.
Knowledge and skills:
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
- Has Knowledge of working with an Events Management Company.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Food Programme (WFP) on career5.successfactors.eu to apply