- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Diploma
- Experience 3 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
REF. NO. KIPI/ADM/HR/2023/35
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Administration Officer, the Senior Receptionist will be responsible for:
- Attending to incoming and outgoing telephone calls;
- Directing calls to the respective offices;
- Sending and receiving fax messages as directed;
- Ensuring sound maintenance of switchboard facilities;
- Ensuring that telephone lines are in good working condition and reporting any malfunction lines;
- Recording all outgoing telephone calls;
- Ensuring provision of quality front office service;
- Receiving visitors and directing them to the appropriate offices;
- Ensuring provision of efficient telephone services.
Requirements for Appointment
- A Diploma in Telecommunication Operations or Front Office Management, or Customer Care or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Satisfactorily served in the grade of Receptionist in the Institute or a comparable position with similar responsibilities for at least three (3) years.
- Good oral and written skills in both English and Kiswahili;
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner; and
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are invited to make their applications by completing ONE Kenya Industrial Property Institute Application for Employment Form. The form may be downloaded from the Kenya Industrial Property Institute Website www.kipi.go.ke
The candidates should attach COPIES of the following documents to their application form:
- National Identity Card;
- Academic and Professional Certificates and Transcripts;
- Any supporting documents and testimonials;
- Letter of appointment to their current substantive post (where applicable);
- Letter of appointment to their previous post (where applicable);
- Equating degree certificates acquired from outside the country from the Commission for University Education; and
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- KIPI is an equal opportunity employer and therefore, persons with disabilities (PwDs), the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Successful applicants shall be required to submit clearance certificates from the following bodies at appointment level: –
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Criminal Investigation Department; and
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Completed application forms should be delivered to:
The Chairman, Board of Directors
Kenya Industrial Property Institute
17 Kabarsiran Avenue, Lavington, Off Waiyaki Way
P.O. Box 51648-00200,
So as to reach the Office of the Chairman, KIPI Board of Directors on or before Monday, 14th August 2023 latest 5:00 P.M. (East African Time).
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
KENYA INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY INSTITUTE