- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Duties and responsibilities: –
- Maintaining registers of fixed assets, and debtors;
- Collecting and compiling information required in the budgetary process;
- Processing and paying taxes;
- Compiling and processing accounting statistics;
- Verifying cashbook, payment and surrender vouchers;
- Supervising receipting;
- Reviewing of the monthly staff payroll journals
- Preparation of all transfer letters for submission to the bank to effect payments;
- Preparation of bank reconciliations, cash flow statements and monthly reports;
- Reconciliation of ledger control accounts;
- Reconciliation of debtors’ ledger accounts;
- Preparation of Audit supporting schedules for audit purposes;
- Facilitating internal and external audit exercises.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce (Accounting option), or be in possession of a degree from a university recognized in Kenya majoring in fields relevant to the Accounting Function such as Finance and Economics;
- CPA II/ACCA II or an equivalent accounting qualification from an institution recognized in Kenya;
- Meets the provisions of the Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Communication Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Keen to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Demonstrated results in work performance
- Demonstrated ability to implement Quality Management Systems; and
- A track-record of excellent time management skills.
Method of Application
Applicants should visit the online portal located in the Careers section of KEPHIS website (www.kephis.go.ke) to submit applications electronically. Clearly indicate the position and the vacancy number on the subject line, with a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, transcripts, national identification cards and any other supporting documents (as pdf attachments) not later than 13th February, 2024 at 5.00 p.m.
KEPHIS is an equal opportunity employer. Potential candidates from marginalized communities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail their original and certified copies of the relevant certificates & transcripts and original national identity card during the interview.
- Successful candidates must obtain and submit valid clearance certificates from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Directorate of Criminal Investigation and an approved Credit Reference Bureau as per Chapter six of the Constitution.
The Managing Director
Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) P.O. Box 49592-00100
NAIROBI, KENYAInterested and qualified? Go to Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) on recruitment.kephis.org to apply