- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification KCSE
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Driving
Duties and responsibilities: –
- Transport authorized persons for official duties;
- Drive the assigned vehicle ensuring the safety of passengers, vehicle and other road users for the transport of authorized persons;
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle – check oil level, water, coolant, battery and tyres;
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the vehicle including arraigning it for repair using the prevailing procedure;
- Log official trips as per government procedure and policies including mileage, consumption and route;
- Ensure vehicle documents are current including display of insurance cover at all times observe traffic rules and regulations;
- Maintain confidentiality of passenger conversations /discussions;
- Report accidents or incidents immediately to the supervisor and ensure that steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- KCSE certificate D or its KNEC accepted equivalent;
- Clean driving license free from any endorsement;
- Adequate knowledge of the Highway Code;
- Government Trade test III;
- Have knowledge of driving rules and conversant with road security code;
- Have a valid certificate of good conduct from Kenya Police renewable every two years;
- Passed suitability Drivers Grade test III;
- Basic knowledge in minor vehicle repairs and maintenance;
- Capable of defensive driving;
- Defensive driver’s license from the Automobile Association of Kenya or a recognized institution;
- First aid certificate from a recognized institution;
- Minimum four years’ driving experience (Class B, C and E);
- Interpersonal and communication skills;
- Compliance with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Communication skills; and
- Analytical skills and keen to details.
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work; and
- Defensive driving skills.
Method of Application
Applicants should visit the online portal located in the Careers section of KEPHIS website (www.kephis.go.ke) to submit applications electronically. Clearly indicate the position and the vacancy number on the subject line, with a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, transcripts, national identification cards and any other supporting documents (as pdf attachments) not later than 13th February, 2024 at 5.00 p.m.
KEPHIS is an equal opportunity employer. Potential candidates from marginalized communities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail their original and certified copies of the relevant certificates & transcripts and original national identity card during the interview.
- Successful candidates must obtain and submit valid clearance certificates from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Directorate of Criminal Investigation and an approved Credit Reference Bureau as per Chapter six of the Constitution.
The Managing Director
Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) P.O. Box 49592-00100
NAIROBI, KENYAInterested and qualified? Go to Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) on recruitment.kephis.org to apply