- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Education / Teaching
- Actively encourage and facilitate the formation of each student’s moral character, unique skills, capacities and talents through continuous improvement in ensuring quality education
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOBS
- Endeavour to maintain and develop the ethos of the school in accordance with the directions given by the Directors and subject thereto, the directions given by the Principal.
- Teach a class of students and ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs.
- Contribute to constructive team-building amongst teaching and non-teaching staff, parents and the Directors.
- Ensure that the agreed conditions of employment for school teachers are met.
- Implement agreed school policies and guidelines in consultation with the Principal.
- Support initiatives decided by the Principal and other staff.
- Plan appropriately to meet the needs of all students through differentiation of tasks.
- Be able to set clear targets based on prior attainment for student’ learning.
- Provide a stimulating classroom environment where resources can be accessed appropriately by all students.
- Keep appropriate and efficient records of work, integrating formative and summative assessment into weekly and termly planning.
- Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of students.
- Maintain good order and discipline amongst students in accordance with the school’s behavior policy.
- Participate in meetings which relate to the school’s management, curriculum, administration as well as organization.
- Lead, organize and direct support staff within the classroom.
- Participate in the performance management system for effective service delivery.
- Attend staff meetings, seminars and co-curricular events that are associated with the school curriculum.
- Carry out supervisory duties as required.
- Assist with out-of-school activities as may be needed from time to time.
- Ensure prompt and regular attendance of students and report any absence to the Principal or Deputy Principal in good time.
- Promote a professional image of self as a teacher.
- Always dress appropriately as a professional and uphold the school’s image.
- Undertake such duties that may be reasonably regarded as within the nature of the duties of the post. Any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Principal, Deputy Principal or any other senior management staff
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Education & Professional Certification
- Bachelor of Education degree (Education) option or its equivalent from a recognized University/ Institution
- Be a registered TSC member
- Demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of current educational issues relating to the specialist subject areas
- Strong leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Embrace team spirit
- Ability to work with a diverse student body
List of essential experience
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience in a recognized school
Essential qualities or behaviours
- Be willing to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower students
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Makini High School on makinidigital.sc.ke to apply