- Job TypeContract
- Job FieldInternships / Volunteering , Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Objective of Internship
Save the Children is committed to providing opportunities to young people to be exposed to the workplace. By endorsing an active internship policy, Save the Children is able to provide a unique opportunity for young professionals to build their capacity on programming for children. We provide them with short-term placement to sharpen their knowledge and skills in their respective professions through the internship program.
The Supply chain Intern is responsible for supporting the Logistics unit with asset and warehouse management and processing requests for procurement of goods and services for both the Nairobi Country Office and field offices and ensure delivery to the program.
Internship Period: 3 Months with possibility of extension for another 3 months’ subject to performance.
- The intern will demonstrate motivated participation in the learning experience.
- The intern will participate in the orientation programs of the organization and abide by all terms and conditions as set out in the internship agreement.
- At the end of the assignment, the intern will provide a comprehensive report demonstrating learning and achievements during the internship as guided by the supervisor.
- Graduates from reputable national, regional or international universities studying disciplines relevant to the work of the Save the Children International.
- Undergraduate degree, who have not yet entered the formal employment arena are encouraged to apply .
- Letter of endorsement from appropriate university department where applicable.
- Should be available on full time for the duration of the programme.
- For Finance, in addition to a first degree, candidates should be either fully qualified CPA/ACCA or studying for the final part of either of the two courses.
- A high degree of self-motivation, positive attitude, drive and the ability to contribute to a multi-cultural, team-based work environment.
- Strong networking capacity and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask; work flexibly, creatively and under pressure in response to needs or changing demands.
- Extremely well organized.
- Highest ethical standards.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Save the Children on hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com to apply