- Job Type Contract
- Qualification Diploma , KCSE
- Experience 2 years
- Location Thika
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
- Diploma in Procurement and Supplies
- At least two (2) years’ experience in stock control
- Organized, punctual, well presented and professional.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support receiving of deliveries.
- Coordinate store, document stores transactions.
- Maintain records
- Oversee storage of surplus inventory and property
- Prepare and dispatch LPO’s.
- Record and maintain proper filing of Local Purchase Orders.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Receives deliveries by checking, Quantity, Specifications and Price.
- Issues the goods against authorized requisition.
- Resolve discrepancies noted in received goods immediately.
- Communicate with proper management regarding any loss or damage to goods.
- Ensure all invoices are stamped and dated with the appropriate receiving stamp upon deliveries.
- Conduct spot checks and advises the procurement department on minimum, re-order and maximum levels.
- Responsible for stores cleanliness, tidiness and ensure the stores are well illuminated.
- Participating in conducting and preparation of weekly / monthly stock taking, stock reports and reconciliation; including variance stock reports and advice management.
Method of Application
Interested applicants are advised to send copies of their academic and professional certificates, certificate of good conduct and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant competence in the area of specialization. All application must be submitted to the address below on or before 4th Aug, 2023.
Applications, clearly marked “Application for the position of __________”, must be submitted on or before 4th Aug, 2023 via https://recruitment.umma.ac.ke and should be send to the below address.
Kindly quote the reference number indicated above.
Umma University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized groups and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The Vice Chancellor,Umma University,
P.O. Box: 713 – 01100,
Kajiado – KenyaInterested and qualified? Go to Umma University on recruitment.umma.ac.ke to apply