- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Security / Intelligence
Summary of position
Under the overall guidance and supervision of Action Against Hunger Security Advisor (SA), the Security officer will support in implementation of Action Against Hunger- HEAR country program, security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security operations, documentation that is not only limited to field assets and staff but also reputation and duty of care.
The Security officer will provide support to the SA in the Management and implementation of safety and security operations in Action Against Hunger- HEAR and ensure process integrity in all areas including Risk identification, data Management, reporting and documentation.
The Security officer will closely collaborate with Security Advisor for technical guidance. He/she will interact with Action Against Hunger sector coordinators at regional level, Security focal point staff at country level, and with external stakeholders as needed.
Consistently identify, collect, update and delivery of timely and quality security information to Countries and other stakeholders using established processes and tools.
Essential job roles:
Risk and Security management
- Security management planning and compliance by providing technical support on all policies, procedures, guidelines, and planning for staff safety, across all Action Against Hunger sites in Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Somalia, Tanzania, South Sudan and Haiti
- Developing and reviewing security plans (context risk ratings, Country Security Guide, Incident Management Manual, Medical Emergency Protocol, Specific Contingency Plan, Constant Companion, Actor Analysis, Local Standard Operating Procedures [LSOP], Hibernation and Evacuation Plan, MOSS, MSS Score and Assessment Audit Tool) for each country and Bases Quarterly
- Intelligence gathering and reporting- working with intelligence agencies, INGOS, local and international media to monitor the environment and provide timely/regular reports that track incidents and trends in humanitarian access and local security contexts within the area of operation and advise ACF staff, Operations Directors, and Country Director
- Threat and Risk Assessment by leading departmental security risk identification and mitigation measures that align with organizational and Global security risk-management standards and requirements
- Conducting security risk assessments for all ACF contracted offices, residences, and Hotels
- Ensuring that infrastructure designs include Access Controls Systems, CCTV cameras, Alarm systems, fire systems, Physical Guard Forces,and Security Procedures according to ACF SRCM Standards.
- Crisis management and program continuity by developing,implementing, and reviewing crisis management plans, drills, and program documentation
- Ensuring country security focal points are preparing and sharing accurate safety and security reporting, ensuring data consistency and reporting into global dashboards
- Developing and implementing strategies and plans that promote occupational safety practices within the organization
- Conducting safety and security incident investigations using an established standard and formalized approach
Training and Capacity building
- Identifying Safety and security capacity needs and developing contextualized training and development plans for each country
- Providing in-depth security inductions for new staff upon arrival and additional briefings for all staff upon major shifts in the security context.
- Support all ACF international Security projects
Reporting, Documentation and Networking
- Generating weekly and monthly activity reports on security, new threats, responses, and vulnerabilities
- Representing ACF within the Security Forum, safety, and security-related forums, and other external meetings or conferences that relate to staff security interests.
- Ensuring all Action Against Hunger safety and Security documents are documented on NHF
Gender Equality commitments
- Ensuring safety and security risk management processes and best practices are inclusive of gender-specific risks and gender equality and diversity is embedded into such processes
Fiscal Responsibility – N/A
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
- The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends if required.
- Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business purposes. While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as infectious diseases.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Education: University Degree in security Management or any other related course
- Experience: Minimum 2 Years and above of hands on experience in security or related safety field of work is required. Prior experience with managing security plans and security risk assessment docs and or an INGO security support is desirable.
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of humanitarian principles
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Detailed oriented and ability to manage multiple competing deadlines.
- Knowledge of host Kenya country safety and security protocols is desirable;
- Knowledge of HF and VHF radio operation;
- Experience in INGO field security and protection is desirable;
- Solid computers skills (NHF, MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger International on apply.workable.com to apply