- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 5 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
About the Client:
Our client is a leading innovative construction solutions provider in East Africa who has a proven track record of performance driven by solid knowledge and experience in the construction industry and is seeking to recruit a Procurement Officer responsible for the procurement functions.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers.
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data.
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options.
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies.
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts.
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality.
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
- Work with team members and procurement manager to complete duties as needed.
- Acting as a liaison between the project team and Administration/Finance Unit or any other support department.
- Contract Management.
- Any other duties as shall be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable University in (Business & Procurement related courses).
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems.
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their detailed CVs and cover letters quoting the job title (PROCUREMENT OFFICER) as subject to reach us not later than 14th July 2023 to email@example.com. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. . Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.