- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Logistics , Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
In this role you will:
- Ensure alignment, coordination, and compliance with the procurement policies, processes and procedures.
- Ensure that procurement and logistics activities comply with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Implement quality control measures to ensure that procured goods and services meet the required standards.
- Develop and maintain procurement planning and analysis processes for the timely acquisition of goods.
- Lead procurement activities including sourcing, supplier selection and justification, issuing purchase orders.
- Manage vendor relationships, vet and screen new vendors; review supplier contracts.
- Proactively identify issues with day-to-day purchasing processes and resolve and/or communicate the issues to management in a timely manner, as needed.
- Lead the prequalification of suppliers and service providers.
- Identify areas for improvement in procurement and logistics processes and implement changes to enhance efficiency, reduce costs, and increase effectiveness.
- Collaborate with other departments to determine procurement and logistics needs.
What you should bring:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business administration, finance or a related field.
- Minimum experience of 3 years working in Operations, Logistics and Supply Management.
- Strong negotiation and stakeholder skills: ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing complex data.
- Strong leadership skills: experience managing and supervising a team preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced startup environment.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of reliability, accuracy, and productivity.
- Skilled in identifying and mitigating risks associated with procurement, such as supply chain disruptions, quality issues, and compliance risks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills for effective collaboration with internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships while effectively addressing complex issues
Method of Application
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Email Heading: Procurement & Logistics Manager.