- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Diploma
- Experience 1 – 2 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Internships / Volunteering , Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
About the role
Procurement Intern will provide support to the Procurement Team in executing daily, weekly and monthly procurement plans to ensure that all requests are fulfilled on time, in full and in line with the company policies and offer support to the team. The procurement intern will also assist the team in administrative duties in the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in creating Local Purchase Orders (LPO) and follow with the relevant stakeholders to ensure they are reviewed and approved on time
- Notify vendor once POs are ready -Plan, track and execute timely collections and delivery of items from various vendors
- Support the team following up on Payments-Share remittances with vendors and internal customers
- Ensure that all relevant documents are availed to accounting within the agreed vendor; credit period/ terms and payment processing to be done within the recommended time frames
- Identify and share opportunities for improvement/procurement gaps with your manager
- Act as an advisor to clients assigned to you who are facing challenges before, during, and after a purchasing process.
- Collaborating with QHSE for quality standards checks, with the warehouse team to receive items.
- Assist in sourcing for quotations from suppliers and negotiate for better prices.
- Support the team in requesting vendors to provide a monthly statement of accounts to monitor vendor accounts.
- Update the available departmental trackers and escalate issues arising to your supervisor
- Use appropriate problem solving tools to identify and eliminate process bottlenecks.
- A Degree/Diploma in Supply Chain or a related field
- Solid Knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy and systems
- Great negotiating skills, attention to detail, critical thinker and disciplined approach to work
- Minimum 6+ months experience in procurement or supply chain
- 6 months experience in FMCG or Construction Industry is an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Sanergy on odoo.saner.gy to apply