- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Diploma
- Experience 3 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Carries out compressive efficient and effective quality nursing care services in the Authority’s clinics.
- Carries out Triaging by taking observations of vital signs such as TPRBP and documents patient care.
- Assesses, diagnoses, plans and implements, documents nursing interventions and continuously evaluate patient care outcomes using the tool for systematic guide to client-centered care.
- Carries out procedures such as wound care services, ECG, Holter monitor and ambulatory blood pressure diagnostic services.
- Order and receives drugs and supplies for restocking from NOs office.
- Undertakes infection control practices in line with the Ministry of Health Guidelines in the nursing section.
- Compiles monthly and quarterly units reports and collate them for submission to the Senior Nursing Officer.
- Participates in clinical audit evaluation (Peer review) meetings in the nursing section for service improvement.
- Carries out drug administration, monitors outcomes and documents.
- Maintains accurate inventory for accountability of nursing supplies.
- Monitors infusions and blood transfusions in recovery wards
- Carries out total nursing care in the recovery wards such as assisted feeding including parenteral nutrition, skin care and elimination.
- Carries out hospital rounds to assess the quality care given to KPA in-patients in various hospitals and reports back for necessary intervention.
- Coordinates patients’ flow from triage and monitors for smooth running to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Recoups of commodities for HIV/AIDS, MCH/FP from MOH on time for continuity of care.
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing or related Nursing Diploma from a recognized Institution.
- Registered with Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Valid Practicing License.
- ICT Skills.
- 3 years’ experience as Senior Nursing Assistant in a reputable organization.
- Decision-making skills.
- Good communication and counselling skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Patient Advocacy.
- Time management skills.
- Professional ethics and values.
- Uphold Chapter 4 of the constitution of Kenya.
- Uphold Cap 257 Laws of Kenya – The Nurses Act.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including: –
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance certificate from the Higher Educations Loans Board
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Method of Application
Interested applicants are requested to submit their applications strictly online through the Authority’s Careers Portal by visiting the Kenya Ports Authority Website (https://www.kpa.co.ke) > Careers > Careers Portal and attach the following in PDF Format:
- Master’s degree Certificate/Bachelors Degree Certificate/Higher National Diploma/Diploma (whichever is applicable, depending on requirements of position applied for as indicated)
- A scan of your National Identity Card.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. To be considered, your application must be received not later than 25th September 2023Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Ports Authority on www.kpa.co.ke to apply