- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
BBC World Service is a leading international multimedia broadcaster and an integral part of BBC News. We are committed to delivering a wide range of language and regional services, and we collaborate closely with other departments within BBC News to serve our global audiences. We are expanding our focus to prioritize audience engagement and interactivity.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Journalist with a strong background in audience engagement and moderation to join the BBC Africa social media team based in Nairobi.
In this role, you will not only be responsible for the day-to-day management of BBC Africa’s social media platforms but also play a pivotal role in shaping our audience engagement strategy. Your primary focus will be to grow our audience reach and engagement, as well as generate leads to our content. You will:
- Create, edit, and moderate social media content across all platforms BBC Africa is active on, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Lead audience engagement across platforms
- Spot emerging stories and trends from audience interactions and turn them into impactful stories for BBC Africa.
- Ensure the social media offerings are engaging, coherent, and align with our editorial values.
- Collaborate with editorial teams to create content that resonates with young audiences in Africa.
Are you the right candidate ?
We are looking for someone with:
- Demonstrable experience in growing and actively engaging with audiences on social media platforms.
- A proven track record in journalism and editorial decision-making, strong writing capabilities, and multimedia production skills.
- Experience in moderating online communities and discussions, and an ability to identify stories and trends from audience interactions.
- Understanding and knowledge African audiences and the content that engages them.
- Proficiency in using video editing tools like FCPX and analytics tools for social listening and reporting.
- A strong grasp of African current affairs, particularly those relevant to young audiences.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to BBC World Service on careers.bbc.co.uk to apply