- Job Type Contract
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field ICT / Computer , Internships / Volunteering
The Programmes Intern will be responsible for:
- Actively participating in the implementation of the Defenders Coalition activities under the direction and supervision of the Programme Officers.
- Conducting monitoring, documentation and research in the various Defenders Coalition’s programme areas.
- Assisting in logistical planning for meetings and trainings
- Assisting in communication of the Defenders Coalition to partners via various platforms.
- Representing Defenders Coalition in meetings and partner activities
- Preparing timely reports as per stated guideline.
- Monitoring and documenting cases or incidences of violations of human rights defenders‘ rights.
- Assisting in administrative functions as will be assigned
- Participating in fundraising efforts together with programme staff.
- Any other relevant duty as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant Social Sciences from a recognized University
- Demonstrate commitment to and interest in human rights and human rights defenders issues/work.
- High analytical skills and ability to conduct documentation and research.
- Demonstrate understanding of national, regional and international framework for the protection of HRDs.
- Demonstrated knowledge in designing and executing communication interventions on governance and human rights issues.
- Hands on experience in IT skills including working with website updates and social media.
- Ability to draft documents including reports, policy briefs, concept notes.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills: verbal, writing and presentation skills;
The Applicant should possess the following attributes:
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently, in a team and under pressure
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ability to be a team player and perform exemplary well with minimal supervision.
Duration of internship:
The engagement shall be for a period of three (3) months with possibility of extension.
Defenders Coalition will provide a stipend for the duration of the internship.
Method of Application
The application deadline is 20th August 2023.
How to apply:
This is a great opportunity for learning. It will provide opportunities of delving deep into the human rights and civil society sector in Kenya and the region.
Interested candidates are required to submit an application for consideration by sending their resume including three (3) contacts of referees and a brief covering letter highlighting your key skills and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating on the subject line “APPLICATION FOR INTERNSHIP”
The Cover letter should be addressed to:
National Coalition of Human Rights Defenders of Kenya (NCHRD-K)
P.O. Box 26309 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi.