- Job Type Contract
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 – 7 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
- Within the Department of Programme Support & Migration Management (DPSMM), the Migration Health Division (MHD) has the institutional responsibility to oversee, support and coordinate the Organization’s provision of migration health services globally. The Division provides technical guidance and policy advice, establishes partnerships with relevant governmental, multilateral, civil society and private entities in the domain of migration health, and identifies strategies and programmatic approaches that are informed by agreed policies, evidence, standards and trends in the sector.
- The Human Resources Officer will work under the direct supervision of the HR – Business Partner (MHD), administrative supervision of the Regional Health Assessment Programme Coordinator in Africa and in close coordination with the Staff Development and Learning Unit (SDL). The Human Resources Officer will also work closely with other colleagues at
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the conceptualization and development of a Training Framework for MHD staff. Manage, standardize and maintain the Migration Health Division’s learning programmes and ensure that programmes are promoted and offered at a global level.
- Identify and assess staff development, career support and Performance Management needs of MHD staff globally and coordinate the design and development of programmes to meet identified current and future needs including development and rolling out of career support programmes and learning initiatives to support succession planning as well career aspirations for staff. Coordinate staff development, learning objectives and expected outcomes with the Regional HAP Coordinators, MHD Regional Thematic Specialists (RTSs) and MHD Thematic Specialists across IOM.
- Provide support and guidance to MHD staff on selection of training and delivery methodology (e.g. simulations, digital learning, mentoring, on-the-job training, professional development classes, face-to-face, online, etc.) for different kinds of trainings to strengthen learning and knowledge transfer, including manuals with infographics, videos and digital workbooks. Create and roll out training plans and training evaluations and feedback.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of a training feedback tool to collect and analyse feedback from both trainers and trainees following each training delivered and repository of the same as well. Monitor, evaluate and track the effectiveness and impact of training and learning solutions and recommend ways to enhance effectiveness and impact. Advise on the evaluation methodology, analyse evaluation data and recommendations.
- Review internal and external trainings and healthcare provider resources and tools for relevant content and include them into the resource repository and, if relevant, in the HAP training curriculum. Support the editing and adaptation of newly developed or existing healthcare provider education tools, to ensure language style and messaging provides clear guidance and meets targeted learning objectives.
- In coordination with SDL, create and maintain an online repository of MHD trainings on the IOM Learning Management System. Identify and coordinate with internal and external providers regarding the design and delivery of online trainings, ensuring (a) integration with the IOM learning management system to facilitate access, reporting and statistics as well as (b) compliance with IOM accessibility guidelines.
- Facilitate online and in-person trainings for MHD staff globally. Monitor training activities of trained trainers in MHD and keep global MHD training pipeline up to date.
- Design and facilitate implementation of the IOM staff exchange programme within MHD, in coordination with the Integrated Talent Management Unit.
- In coordination with the Migration Health Informatics (MHI) Unit and Staff Development and Learning Unit (SDL), establish a global training database and undertake a high-level monitoring of compliance with trainings. Produce statistical data and analytical reports as required and develop strategy for improvement of compliance with the mandatory trainings.
- Participate in the work of the MHD Oversight Committee of Clinical Credentialling (OCCC).
- Contribute to the conceptualization of clinical credentialing of MHD staff.
- Coordinate the engagement of external contractors to develop training courses or materials:
- draft requests for quotes and contracts according to training requirements and learning objectives being targeted;
- inform the recruitment and selection processes to ensure the skills of the contractors are fit for purpose;
- develop memoranda of understanding and consultant briefs to clearly identify the responsibilities of contractors;
- Monitor and evaluate contractors’ performance according to clear key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure programme deliverables are met on time; and,e. Communicate and promote existing/upcoming corporate learning solutions and ensure that the key stakeholders leverage them to address relevant learning needs.
- Liaise with the Department of Human Resources (DHR) and the Ethics and Conduct Office (ECO) on the staff regulations and rules concerning Continuous Professional Development (CPD) of medical staff (e.g. credits for CPD and clinical hours) to facilitate and promote institutional support for CPD.
- Participate in the work of the Training Advisory Team of the USRAP External Learning Program to identify and select eligible staff to participate in the trainings through transparent and fair selection process to accelerate continuous learning and staff development.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a Health-Related field, Business Administration, Training and Development (preferred), or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) certification will be an advantage.
- Experience in human resources management, including learning, staff development, career support and performance management;
- Experience in designing, developing, managing and evaluating learning programmes and capacity development initiatives using a variety of learning methodologies (online/digital, face-to-face and blended learning);
- Experience in clinical education or health training coordination highly desirable;
- Experience in development and implementation of programmes related to onboarding, career support, leadership and management, and staff engagement;
- Demonstrated strong writing, analytical, facilitation, presentation and project management skills and experience; and,
- Demonstrated strong customer-focused skills and experience.
- Familiarity with automated human resources and learning and performance management systems;
- In depth knowledge of a broad range of adult learning and staff development methods and techniques; and,
- Knowledge of health staff profiles and health staff CPD and credentialling is a distinctive advantage.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of either French or Spanish is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Closing Date : 26 July 2023
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to International Organization for Migration (IOM) on recruit.iom.int to apply