- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 8 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
Zizi Afrique Foundation is hiring an experienced HR Officer (HRO) based in Nairobi. We’re an organization focused on driving impact in Kenya’s education sector through research, advocacy, and innovation. As a mid-sized organization with 30 staff members, we offer a friendly environment centered around Ubuntu, Respect, and Curiosity.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the HRO will support HR processes and organizational development. The ideal candidates for this position should have 8-10 years of HR experience and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and where the staff are closely-knit in human contact.
Duties and responsibilities:
- HR Policy Review and Implementation
- Keeps apace with developments in the regulatory environment and advice the Executive Director on necessary policy reviews
- Leads occasional review of the HR policies and procedures
- Is a custodian of the Organization HR Policies and procedures, including enforcement of the staff code of conduct and the diversity, equity and inclusion policies
- Oversees, trains, and supports the management team in applying the HR policies, including disciplinary procedures
- Drafts board papers regarding HR aspects
- Support in personnel planning and budgeting
Recruitment, Employee Support and Performance Management
- Develop and review Job Descriptions for existing and new positions
- Leads staff recruitment and hiring processes, including advertisement, interviewing, reference checking and contracting
- Manages the staff separation and exit processes
- Onboards new staff through a comprehensive induction program with all departments
- Supports the Executive Director in managing staff welfare, and grievance handling
- Manages the staff compensation and benefits packages as per internal policies and local law requirements
- Liaises with insurance providers to efficiently take care of staff health and safety
- Manages the daily worksheets platform, and prepares simple briefs to the Executive Director
- Coordinates the staff performance cycle, including target setting, quarterly and annual staff appraisals
- Updates and prepares the monthly staff payroll and liaises with the finance department in respect to any changes that affect the annual budget
- Manages confidential HR staff records
- Collects HR data and information as required and prepares basic reports
- Manages leave records for the organization, including the HR software
- Attends Management team meetings to present briefs on HR
Staff Training and Development
- Coordinates the identification and documentation of staff training needs
- Manages the staff training budget and schedules
- Coordinates all other aspects to yield staff motivation and satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or equivalent
- 8-10 years’ experience in a similar HR role
- Registered (and up to date) member of the Institute of HR
Skills and Attitudes
- Excellent knowledge of various HR functions such as pay & benefits, recruitment, on boarding, evaluation, training & development
- Good understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong integrity and ethical standards
What we Offer
- A humane and homely work environment, with a very active staff welfare
- A challenging and dynamic work environment, quite fast-paced
- Intellectual environment where ideas are shared and challenged
- Competitive salary (KES 250,000-280,000) with benefits including a super health insurance, pension scheme and lunch
- Space to innovate, and the expectation of independent working.
Method of Application
Send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Zizi Afrique. Your expected pay must be stated in your cover letter. The deadline is 2nd August,2023. In the subject line of your email, clearly state the position title.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted, and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.