A Hostess is responsible to the Supervisor and assists him in ensuring that smooth and efficient service is carried out in the service department. She is further responsible for the courteous, friendly and professional welcoming of guests to ensure guest’s comfort and satisfaction. Coordinates booking and functions as well as working with the service team on PR and Customer care in liaison with the Events and Marketing Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains stocks of note pads and other service stationary and ensures that the same are used rationally and economically.
- Participates in the pre-meal briefing.
- Ensures guest lists, reservations and bookings are recorded
- Ensures general cleanliness of the welcome desk.
- Update of database with guest contacts
- Daily broadcast of posters and upcoming events
- Handling of the reservations Phone & inquiry.
- Checks the cleanliness and condition of furniture, linen, cutlery, chinaware, glassware, condiments and other service accessories and takes appropriate corrective action where necessary.
- Check the setup of tables and the correct layout of the restaurant.
- Maintains professional guest relations by receiving, greeting and guiding guests to their tables and inquiring if guests like the position of their table.
- Prepares a daily guest checklist ensuring all guests have been allocated a table
- Ensures that all guests are attended to without delay.
- Attends any guest’s complaint immediately and reports to the Manager.
- Monitors the guest’s satisfaction and comfort throughout the meal.
- Ushers the guests from the restaurant upon completion of their meal.
- Keeps record of all the suggestions and comments from guests and passes them to the Managers.
- Records all the covers sold and ensures that covers tally at the end of the shift
- Ensures that there are sufficient clean wine lists, menus and cocktail menus for daily use. Check that the above are well stocked at the side boards.
- Checks and ensures that the entrance desk is kept clean and tidy at all times. Checks and ensures that guests are billed and payment collected for all services rendered.
- Acquaints herself in the identification of different groups of customers. i.e. regular customers, other VIPs and business clientele.
- Ensures that detailed Birthday checklists are done and distributed to concerned departments in good time.
- Ensure that a detailed report of every session is written for future reference.
- Make follow-ups with guests we have hosted to seek feedback and connections
- Keep and share a monthly record of all cold visits, cold calls and all PR activities
- To perform any other duties assigned to you by the management.
SKILLS/ABILITIES, EDUCATION, & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in a relevant field/ Reputable college training
- Minimum 1-year working experience in a similar role
- Familiar with hospitality operating systems and an advantageous knowledge of current trends in the industry.
- Should be customer-oriented
- Must possess outstanding communication skills
- Be trained as a First Aider, Fire Marshall and an on-the-job trainer.
- Demonstrate leadership by setting a positive and professional example for others. ∙
- Implement service standards supported by training and development programs for all internal stakeholders, their subordinates and all direct reports
- Ensure effective interdepartmental communication at all times.
Method of Application
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.