- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Diploma , Vocational
- Experience 5 – 10 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant
- Salary Range KSh 30,000 – KSh 50,000/month
- Personally and frequently verifies that guests in his operation are receiving the best possible service available.
- Schedules himself to be on the front during peak operation hours, checking on standards of services, and cleanliness, is greeting and assist in the check in of guests and escorts VIP guest to the room.
- To be demanding and critical to service standards as well as hygiene standards.
- To constantly strive to please all guests that he may come into contact with.
- Is responsible that employees project professionalism and are well trained and provide friendly and efficient service.
- Ensure a speedy telephone and message service at all times.
- Maintains an atmosphere of tranquility at the Front Desk, never giving the impression that there is a problem.
- Verifies constantly that the physical product in all aspects is consistent with the hotel standards.
- Periodically inspects rooms to ensure cleanliness and well maintained rooms. Patrols assigned areas frequently to ensure cleanliness and well maintained areas.
- Ensures that policies and procedures in regards to staff appearance, hygiene and sanitation are enforced.
- Ensure that corporate, divisional and departmental policies and procedures are adhered to at all levels.
- Liaise closely with other Departments and emphasizes on excellent inter-departmental relations considering other departmental procedures and policies.
- Delegate authority and responsibilities to direct subordinates without relinquish ultimate responsibility for the operation.
- Entertains regular and potential clients and maintains excellent guest relations.
- Is an excellent people manager, showing respect for local customs and culture.
- To build an effective management team through taking an active interest in the development of subordinates through training and involvement in decision making.
- Gives his subordinates frequent feedback on their performance and status of development. Conducts annual appraisals conducted in his Department.
- Exercise self-control, patience and is known for his fairness at all times
- He/she should maintain an “open-door” policy.
- Project a positive and motivated attitude among his peers and employees at all times.
- Ensures that all personnel and training related policies.
- Ensures that all areas of responsibility are properly staffed, supervised and operating smoothly.
- Is totally committed to training and shows concern about the training his employees receive, a visit training sessions frequently.
- Assist the departmental trainer in their development and monitors their effectiveness in staff training.
- To ensure that all employees are fully conversant with the hotel’s facilities and services.
- To ensure that all employees schedule are properly established and maintained.
Administrative Responsibilities :
- To maintain all hotel records and forms as prescribed by established policies and procedures.
- To control the preparation of room occupancy forecast on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Is able to meet given or agreed deadlines.
- To attend all briefings and meetings as requested and necessary.
- Is able to plan long term but at the same time is able to react to sudden chances instantly.
- Plans pro-active rather the re-active.
- To ensure that guest history record is up-to-date at all times.
- Conducts briefings and meetings as per established policies.
- Is comfortable in the use of computer systems.
- To advise management and sales of the update reservation status for reference in business solicitation.
- To ensure that report is ready for Sales Office within ten days of the current month.
- To understand and comply with local regulations and legislation.
- To assume the function of Duty Manager representing management in accordance with the Duty Manager Roster and Duty Manager job description
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.