- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification KCSE
- Experience 3 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Driving
REF. NO. KIPI/ADM/HR/2023/32
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to Administration Officer, the Executive Driver will be responsible for
- Driving a motor vehicle as authorized for official duties and assignments;
- Ensuring safe custody of the vehicle in possession;
- Identifying and reporting malfunctioning of the vehicles;
- Carrying out minor mechanical repairs;
- Ensuring that assigned vehicle is clean and well maintained;
- Ensuring possession of all the requisite documents, approvals and tools for any journey;
- Maintaining the work ticket for assigned vehicle; and
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
Requirements for Appointment
- A minimum mean grade D (plain) in KCSE or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution;
- A current driving licence free from endorsements;
- Suitability Test for Drivers Grade III;
- Occupational Test Grade III or IV;
- First-Aid Certificate course lasting not less than one (1) week from a recognised institution;
- Passed Practical Test for Drivers from a recognised institution;
- Be in possession of a Defensive Driving Certificate from a recognised institution;
- A Refresher Course for drivers every three (3) years from a recognised Institution;
- A Certificate in computer applications from a recognised institution;
- Driving experience of a minimum period of three (3) years;
- A Certificate of Good conduct.
- Satisfactorily served in the grade of Senior Driver in the Institute or a comparableposition with similar responsibilities for at least three (3) years;
- Strong interpersonal skills; and
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are invited to make their applications by completing ONE Kenya Industrial Property Institute Application for Employment Form. The form may be downloaded from the Kenya Industrial Property Institute Website www.kipi.go.ke
The candidates should attach COPIES of the following documents to their application form:
- National Identity Card;
- Academic and Professional Certificates and Transcripts;
- Any supporting documents and testimonials;
- Letter of appointment to their current substantive post (where applicable);
- Letter of appointment to their previous post (where applicable);
- Equating degree certificates acquired from outside the country from the Commission for University Education; and
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- KIPI is an equal opportunity employer and therefore, persons with disabilities (PwDs), the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Successful applicants shall be required to submit clearance certificates from the following bodies at appointment level: –
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Criminal Investigation Department; and
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Completed application forms should be delivered to:
The Chairman, Board of Directors
Kenya Industrial Property Institute
17 Kabarsiran Avenue, Lavington, Off Waiyaki Way
P.O. Box 51648-00200,
So as to reach the Office of the Chairman, KIPI Board of Directors on or before Monday, 14th August 2023 latest 5:00 P.M. (East African Time).
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
KENYA INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY INSTITUTE