- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 10 years
- Location Taita Taveta
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Ref No. CPSB/TTC/25/2023
Duties and Responsibilities will entail:
The Director of Administration will be responsible to the Chief Officer Devolution, Public Service and Administration for the overall management and coordination of work in the Administration Unit.
Specific duties & responsibilities include:
- Organization, direction, control and coordination of the functions of administration and public service in the county;
- Initiating development of the appropriate County Departmental policies, legal and institutional frameworks for the implementation of the mandate of administration and public service;
- Ensuring operationalization of service delivery in all the devolved units in the County, Sub Counties and Wards;
- Handling administrative matters, human resource issues and manages inventories of the administrative tools, equipment and other required assets related to the department;
- Preparation of departmental plans and budgets;
- Ensuring strict compliance with all financial, budgetary and procurement procedures;
- Ensuring timely, efficient communication and coordination of administration and public service departmental affairs;
- Interpreting and applying National and County laws and other related statutes in line with the County goals and Objectives;
- Coordination of Civic Education and Public Participation in the County.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Requirements for Appointments
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Have vast knowledge and relevant work experience of 10 years in Public Service and Administration 5 of which must be at a managerial level or its equivalent
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration or Business Administration or Social Sciences from a University recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration, Development Studies or Community Development will be a desirable Added Advantage from a recognized Institution;
- Leadership/Management Course lasting not less than 4 weeks from a recognized institution or its approved equivalent
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional and technical competence in work performance and results;
Method of Application
All applications should be addressed and delivered to:
County Public Service Board
Hand delivered at the at the County Public Service Board offices in Voi; located opposite Voi Prison.
The applications with copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Wednesday, 25 October 2023.