- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Customer Care
- This is an exciting opportunity to be an early member of our new, elite Customer Solutions Engineering team. This team will be our in-house, customer-facing solution experts. The Customer Solutions Engineer is a deep technical and sales specialist who will own the platform adoption and expansion experience for Grafana’s customers. They will be responsible for the rapid and successful application of our technology. The Customer SE team enables Grafana Labs’s worldwide growth by educating existing customers to ensure they are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, hands-on enablement, presentations, design guidance, technical evaluations and ongoing interaction. We also partner closely with our Sales team to help qualify and close opportunities. The Customer SE team is also one of the primary communication routes from our customers through into the Product Management and Engineering teams.
- Provide general design and implementation guidance and help to implement Grafana Cloud (including applicable data sources, authentication, alerting, dashboards, and more)
- Educating and enabling viewers, editors, and architects how to leverage the Grafana stack
- Perform Monthly health checks and identify trends from support tickets. Help escalate accordingly. Assist in RCA.
- Assist with building/modifying critical SLA dashboards within the production environment.
- Work closely with our sales team to articulate the overall Grafana value proposition, vision, and strategy to customers.
- Propose, design, create, and present prototypes, demos, and proofs-of-concept to a wide variety of audiences, from engineers to SREs.
- Own the technical engagement with customers and help to close high-velocity opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skill, credibility and rapport.
- Deliver product and technical presentations to potential and existing customers
- Proactively communicate with customers and internal teams to provide a feedback loop on our products and the competitive landscape
- Drive product conversations based on need and problems learned during customer interactions
- Work with the team to enhance documentation, write blog posts, record videos, contribute knowledge base articles, and create other public and internal enablement material
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- 5+ years of experience in technical sales experience, ideally with Open Source technologies, or in the Metrics/Monitoring space.
- You will be creative in solving Customer Adoption Challenges.
- Proactively assist customers with technical issues that may arise and assist in the troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Identify and provide timely workarounds and solutions to meet a customer’s business needs.
- Deeply knowledgeable of the Operational Expertise in the Grafana Platform (LGTM)
- You have extensive Grafana Deployment Design Expertise
- You will need first class written and oral communication skills to collaborate with our remote-first internal teams and with our worldwide customers. You will need to be able to skillfully articulate our value proposition and the technical advantages of our products
- You will love solving technical challenges and thrive on bringing creative solutions to our customers
- You should have a technical mindset and a desire to grow technically. Great candidates may be a recent grad of a coding bootcamp or have previous post-sales or engineering experience–we are excited to see what unique experiences and skill sets you bring to the table!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Grafana Labs on boards.greenhouse.io to apply