- Job TypeContract
- Job FieldInternships / Volunteering
Description of the project the intern will complete
The Asset Tracker 3 Data Intern will assist on the ‘Asset Tracker’ project (see activities below).
This project seeks to explore barriers and facilitators to scale up of Maternal Newborn Child Health and Nutrition (MNCHN) interventions, essential medicines and devices, which we call ‘assets’, for women and children.
The Asset Tracker Initiative aggregates data from document reviews and relevant secondary data sources, including routine surveys.
Description of the learning objectives and goals of the internship
To refine literature review, data skills, and develop team-building skills for working across international settings in global health. Intern will improve understanding of secondary data collection processes and data management.
Proposed activities for the internship
The Asset Tracker 3 Data Intern will support the following activities on the Asset Tracker project:
- Support data team in collecting, organizing, and extracting predefined indicators across data sources including household/facility surveys, routine health systems data, logistics management information systems, and policy/training documents
- Support the review of country-level data collection sheets to identify missing or inconsistent data
- Attend data and project team meetings
Benefit to intern
The Intern will gain:
- experience working across settings in a fast-paced environment in the global health setting.
- in-depth understanding of the MNCHN indicators and secondary data sources and better understand data management processes.
Description of skills and experience the intern should have
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program (masters or PhD) in monitoring and evaluation, global health, or public policy/administration.
- Strong experience with data collection and collation.
- Attention to detail
- Experience with working with data in spreadsheet/tabular format
- Efficient and organized
- Able to work independently
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PATH on path.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply