- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Mombasa
- Job Field Travels & Tours
Tours Consultant, Mombasa
Our client – Sense of Africa is the leading Destination Management Company in Africa, with offices in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Botswana, Namibia, and South Africa. We are a client-focused company that believes in human-to-human business partnerships backed by sound systems and processes, with personalized services and excellent products that are supported by very competitive prices while offering expert insights into lesser-known tour and safari destinations.
About the Opportunity
Based at the regional office in Mombasa, The role of the Tours Consultant is to receive, analyze and process tour requests according to the company’s uniformed quality service delivery standards so as to maximize company‘s turnover. The Tours Consultant is further responsible for on the job training in the consulting area, assisting with the smooth running of the department and checking the completion of tour requests according to set standards.
- Receive enquiry, opening tour file, evaluate and respond, preparing quotations
- Confirming bookings, process all administrative functions such as booking tours, making reservations, receiving confirmations, reconfirmations, maintaining tour file, invoicing Agent
- Issue vouchers as applicable to suppliers.
- Attend to all supplier queries relating to tour files
- Prepare creative and detailed proposals in the right format.
- Ensuring all quotations are captured in Tourplan.
- Ensuring quick turnaround time and professional communication
- Understand and correctly process cost and gross prices in Tourplan.
- Pursue better yielding on file revenue by negotiating with suppliers for better rates, cancellation fees and FOC’s.
- Compile high quality documentation for clients without errors.
- Constantly ensure margin control for each agent as per the set mark-up guidelines in Tourplan.
- Ensure all bookings are invoiced in Tourplan by month end.
- Ensure payments to suppliers on prepayment are done in a timely manner.
- Minimize Credit Note refunds on files due misquoting or booking of incorrect services
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
- Relevant degree level education preferably in Tourism and Hospitality Sectors
- Strong Communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent Customer Service and inter-personal skills across all levels
- Attention to detail and with an analytical mind
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrate effective stress management and conflict handling skills
- Minimum 2 years in similar role.
- ICT Proficient; Tourplan knowledge will be an added advantage
- Proficient in English and any other Foreign language will be an advantage
Method of Application
If you possess the above qualities, you are encouraged to apply by sending your CV and cover letter detailing your suitability to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is 31st January 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.