- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit , Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
- Our client is a distributor of alcoholic beverages looking to hire a Financial Accountant who will be responsible for ensuring timely, efficient, and effective processing of accounting and financial management transactions.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly bank reconciliations
- Follow up on outstanding issues with the bank
- Initiating bank transfer instructions for sign-off.
- Fixed Asset Register – putting new purchases, custody of register, and updating of depreciation
- Stock Asset account – Adhoc stock take. Reconcile physical stock in warehouse and vans against the financial system
- GIT account – monitoring the stock in transit. Making the relevant entries on receipt of invoices and payment on purchase, clearing, and receipt of goods to the warehouse. Closing GIT on the arrival of stock to the warehouse
- Monitoring actual cost vs budget and making adjustments in the books on receipt of full consignment to warehouse
- Manage GIT supplier accounts ie Product suppliers, clearing and forwarding agents, and external warehousing.
- Ensuring duties and taxes are paid and that demurrage costs are not incurred as a result of payment delays.
- Timely payment of Heineken supplier to avoid disruption of supply and minimize complaints
- Reconcile monthly suppliers’ statements.
- Observe the credit periods / limits
- Payment when the bills fall due.
- Accurate payment to the suppliers
- Controlled costs
- Adherence to SLA
- Ensure procurement procedures are followed – check when paying
- Ensure budgets / limits are adhered to.
- Assist in Monitoring monthly usage of the supplies and advise accordingly
- Keep an inventory records for the motor vehicle spare parts and reconcile on monthly basis.
- Monitor costs as stipulated in the supplier’s contract.
- Review the renewal period of the contracts.
- Check Purchase Orders prepared by the payable accountant to ensure they are accurate and ensure they are approved by the Supply Chain Manager
- Issuing Purchase Orders on approved quotations for major suppliers
- Confirm details, reconcile and post Salesmen and Agents daily reports
- Daily balance VAT and ETR machines and exception report
- Accounts receivable report for weekly sales meeting
- Account receivable reconciliation and follow up for overdue accounts to be regularized.
- Issuing credit memos which should be approved by the Financial Accountant
- Issuing statements to customers
- Monthly sales ledger reconciliation with output VAT
- Audit and spot check on open invoices from field visits periodically
- Ensure timely Collection of outstanding debts
Production of Financial Reports & Management Accounts
- Balance Sheet
- Receivables ageing Analysis
- Payables ageing analysis
- Sales by Item analysis
- Cash flow statements
- Budget Vs Actual statements
- Management accounts etc
Payroll & Wages Reports
- Prepare monthly Payroll by 11th of every month
- Wages summary and payment.
- Bank agent for collection of cash, statements and any other correspondence.
- Back up of Finance ERPs.
- Participate in Internal and External Audit.
- Ensure all statutory are filed on time.
- Produce weekly Bounced cheque report for the staff meetings.
- Any other assignment by the management.
- University Degree B.com (Finance/Accounting Options).
- CPA K is a MUST.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Attention to Detail.
- Positive attitude.
- Strategic focus.
- Personal Credibility & High Integrity
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Financial Accountant – Distribution) to email@example.com before 27th Oct 2023.
Method of Application
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org