- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification KCSE
- Experience 3 years
- Location Tana River
- Job Field Driving
- To ensure smooth facilitation of the program staff and ensure World Vision Kenya fleet is safe, healthy and economical to guarantee staff facilitation.
- In order to successfully accomplish this job purpose, the job holder must be a professional able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as a good example to others.
- Timely Facilitation of staff to and from work and to other official duties.
- Ensure safety of staff and vehicle while on journey
- Ensure mobilization of additional vehicles and drivers to facilitate key events such as major donor visits, campaigns, evaluations and baselines
- Ensure facilitation of staff / visitors / donors/ to and from the field
- Well facilitated staff and program activities.
20% Vehicle Care and Maintenance
- Ensure vehicle cleanliness all the time.
- Keep vehicle movement log book up to date.
- Check mechanical and operational soundness of the vehicle.
- To ensure that the vehicle is serviced at the required time.
- To check and ensure that all vehicle tools are in place and intact.
- Undertake minor repairs and recommend for major vehicle repairs.
- Park the vehicle at the recommended parking areas by WVK
- Seek for permission to use the car as per the laid down policy
- Obey traffic laws
- Maintain maximum care of the vehicle at all times.
- Submit all the vehicle spare keys to the Fleet management for safe custody.
- Surrender vehicle keys to the respective supervisors every end of trip
- Report all vehicle malfunctions to the fleet office.
- Initiate procurement process for all motor vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Well maintained project vehicle.
- Nil fines and penalties
10% Documentation & Reporting
- Prepare monthly and other vehicle reports and file copies of the same after approval.
- Forward all invoices and fuel returns to fleet management for payment process.
- In case of accident, forward detailed report for claim processing.
- Timely submission of motor vehicle reports
- Facilitate delivery of parcels/ mails
- In collaboration with Administration department liaise with service providers to ensure quality services
- Work with respective staff to plan and coordinate field facilitation services.
- Support in community mobilization
- Be bank gent for bank transactions
- Efficient service delivery
- Any other duty as assigned by the Supervisor
- Attend and participate in the staff devotions
- Other duties effectively supported
- Active participation during devotions
- O level certificate
- Three years’ experience in driving class A, B, C and E vehicles.
- Basic knowledge of motor vehicle maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of first AID and other safety & security measure
- Basic security training
- Attach CV, both sides of national ID, valid license and academic and other relevant certificates
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Knowledge of transport regulatory acts/Law
- High professional ethics and whose integrity
- Excellent communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Vision Kenya on worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply