- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 6 years
- Location Eldoret
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Be accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
- Ensure allocated accounts are monitored on a daily basis and appropriate actions are taken to ensure that the collection portfolio remains within acceptable limits through the application of sound credit judgment within SunCulture PAYG credit policy guidelines.
- Investigate and resolve any customer queries and complaints through verbal or written correspondence in line with SunCulture PAYG credit policies.
- Issue out demand letters at field level to defaulters with the aim to get payments back to normalcy.
- Record new commitment to repay the debt (PTPs), determine if the debt can be collected, and accordingly recommend/initiate the recovery process.
- Contact defaulting customers either by calling or visiting them with an aim of negotiating a settlement of the arrears.
- Initiate repossession of SunCulture assets as necessary.
- Achieve the monthly collection targets as assigned by the supervisor
- Identify and escalate deceased or disabled customers to the Head of Credit for review or collection termination.
- Ensure all work queues are acted upon.
- Conduct field visit assessment before visiting the market areas.
- Manage relationships with local authorities and Security Officers
- Plan and organize field collection drives across all regions
- Conduct monthly reporting as per portfolio performance on delinquency.
Knowledge and skills for the Role
- Diploma or degree in Debt collection and Management, Business Information Science, Finance or Accounting
- At least 3-6 years’ work experience in debt collection in microfinance, the solar industry, or related organization
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements and processes in microfinance and credit collections environment or any other financial institution
- Evidence of well-developed organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Integrity and ability to work in consumer finance with small scale farmers across Kenya
- Sound verbal communication skills including the ability to negotiate respectfully and communicate the rationale for decisions made.
- Target driven, self-starter, and problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to follow policy and procedures.
- Sound judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems and processes.
- Demonstrated commitment to service excellence.
- Proficiency in GSuite, Microsoft Office
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to SunCulture Kenya Ltd on sunculture.freshteam.com to apply