- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 7 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Roche Diagnostics is seeking a Commercial Finance Lead to direct and the commercial finance strategy formulation in sync with the overall company’s strategy, take necessary pricing actions to enhance profitability, ensuring integrity and accuracy in all pricing matters.
- The successful candidate will be required to lead the annual Price increase process for the organization, develop reports to track & monitor the pricing projects and associated activities on various product lines and market segments and run system audits to ensure compliance to contractual obligations by customers.
- The requirement is to work closely with relevant departments to ensure the sustainability of best data accuracy, timeliness and integrity of reports and to develop dashboards on an ongoing basis by combining raw data from commercial, finance, legal, marketing, supply chain and service to survey the efficiency and performance of customers. The optimization of business processes is also required.
Deal Structuring, Pricing Management and Tender Management
- Develop commercial agreements (offers and contracts) considering client requirements and the sales affiliates targets.
- Manage total pricing procedures, enhance processes to make most of efficiencies and ensure timely response to market conditions.
- Responsibility for annual price review, ensuring the prices proposed by Product Managers are reasonable and financially acceptable.
- Partnering with Product Managers and the sales department to ensure an integrated profit maximizing approach to market.
- Manage and supervise new price generation activities and discrepancy resolution etc.
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of customers and sales, pricing and profitability by using proper KPI’s and developing further if needed.
- Managing the Tender process.
- Driving transparency around product pricing for our portfolio; this also requires thinking about the competitive price analysis.
- Creating visibility on the pricing of high medical value parameters.
- Maintaining and regularly updating a pricing history database.
- Ongoing optimization of processes to increase quality and efficiency standards including change management of the SAP pricing application.
- Proposes and develops performance monitoring tools and decision support to define the pricing and constantly reviewing it to guarantee proper Compliance with local and regional policies.
- Supporting the development of proposals, business cases and cost-benefit analysis for projects and contributing from the initial analysis phase of the projects until the customer profitability review.
- Assisting with pricing negotiations of customers’ proposals.
- Performing financial evaluation to assess pricing action effectiveness.
- Analysing the financial impact of price approaches in view of overall history as well as profitability of customer.
Business Partnering and Business Process Optimisation
- Generate reports by sourcing and analyzing information and preparing reports.
- Challenge and support business cases, to ensure benefits are clear and realistic, and track performance against them.
- Supporting other members of the FLT with ad-hoc projects.
- Contributing numerical and/ or graphical information that will show progress on the Commercial Strategy.
- Own Business process optimizations and increasing organizational efficiency by improving key business processes that overlap across functions
Staff Leadership & Management
- Manage team members through effective recruitment, induction, skills development, performance coaching and evaluation in line with HR policies and procedures and customer services KPI metrics.
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following skills, experience and education:
- Required Qualification: Degree in a relevant Finance or Logistics related field.
- Required Experience: At least 7 years’ experience in finance/supply chain, planning or commercial tender related functions. At least 3 years of experience in managing people. Project Management experience is required.
- Required knowledge: Pricing Setups, Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & SAP
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Roche Kenya on careers.roche.com to apply