- Job Type Contract
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Kajiado
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
- Principal administrative and clerical assistant of the school/Department. The Administrative Assistant offer support in all function of managing the School/Department
Roles and Responsibilities
- Scheduling appointments, calling and answering phones and welcoming visitors in the School/department.
- Handling and maintaining of internal and external office correspondences that include letters and memos.
- Ensuring and maintaining office cleanliness.
- Managing the office supplies requested from the stores and monitoring proper use of the supplies.
- Taking and maintaining departmental/school minutes.
- Ensuring filling of document in-line with quality assurance guidelines.
- Keep and maintain records of students’ progression files, evaluation documents and staff records.
- Collecting and filing the attendance sheets from the lecturers.
- Submission of staff records to human resource department.
- Keep and maintain the record of work allocation, work plan, budget, academic activities and list of staff in the school/department as per the academic calendar.
- Maintaining of the departmental/school records in the SMIS System.
- Registration of students’ units.
- Attending to queries of both staff and students.
- Participating in the orientation and induction of new staff and students.
- Maintain Human resource policies and procedures in the school/department.
- Submission of staff performance appraisals.
- Participant in coordination of staff trainings.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Demonstrable planning capabilities
- A high sense of integrity, innovativeness, diplomacy and ethical standards including confidentiality.
- Proficient reporting and writing skills.
- Bachelors’ degree in business administration, Human resource management or equivalent.
- Diploma in secretarial, business administration, certified public secretaries is an added advantage.
- 2 years’ experience in a busy office.
- Hands on skills and proficiency in use of MS Office
Method of Application
Interested applicants are advised to send copies of their academic and professional certificates, certificate of good conduct and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant competence in the area of specialization. All application must be submitted to the address below on or before 4th Aug, 2023.
Applications, clearly marked “Application for the position of __________”, must be submitted on or before 4th Aug, 2023 via https://recruitment.umma.ac.ke and should be send to the below address.
Kindly quote the reference number indicated above.
Umma University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized groups and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The Vice Chancellor,Umma University,
P.O. Box: 713 – 01100,
Kajiado – KenyaInterested and qualified? Go to Umma University on recruitment.umma.ac.ke to apply