- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience4 years
- Job FieldInsurance
The position is responsible for collection of data to be used for analysis and preparation of actuarial reports.
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Compile data for analysis of products, premium rates, financial condition reports and technical reserves for insurers.
- Compile data for preparation of capital adequacy ratios in accordance with the provisions of the insurance act.
- Compile data for data analysis and preparation of reports on insurance industry performance as required by the Insurance Act;
- Compile data for analysis of financial stability of insurers and implementation of macro prudential policy including carrying out regular macro stress tests and preparing documents for public communication on the tests
- Assist in logistics in the department such as organization for meetings, workshops and smooth flow of information.
- Higher Diploma in Actuarial Science or Statistics with three (3) years relevant experience.
- Diploma in actuarial science or statistics with four (4) years relevant experience.
- Certificate in Computer Proficiency.
- Meets provision of chapter six of the Constitution.
Competencies and skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Problem solving
Method of Application
Terms of Offer:
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Successful candidates for positions in Job Grade IRA 3 shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance while those in Job Grade IRA 4 to IRA 10 shall be appointed on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service.
Suitably qualified and experienced individuals should submit applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card.
The CV must at the minimum provide details of the applicant’s email address, day-time mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
Applications, addressed to the undersigned, may be sent by post or delivered at the Insurance Regulatory Authority (Registry Section) at Zep Re Place, 2nd Floor, Longonot Road, Upper Hill. Please note that these should be sealed, marked “Confidential” and indicate the job reference (e.g “REF:MICT/08” for Manager ICT).
Commissioner of Insurance & Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100
Applications must be received by close of business on 7th November 2023.
Candidates who had earlier applied for these positions may re-apply.
In accordance with The Employment (Amendment) Act, 2022, the Authority will require candidates it wishes to enter into a written contract of service with to comply with Chapter Six of the Constitution by submitting mandatory compliance and clearance certificates from the relevant entities.
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons With Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvasing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.